Vibraction Roadbook RB2 and RB4

Tramp

Vibraction Roadbook RB2 and RB4

Post by Tramp »

Hi Guys..

Anyone done the Rb2,4,5

looking for views and any links to ride reports so can judge the severity and general scenic stuff..

May be in loop to do the RB1 [already have the track log] (thumbs) and link up with the others [rb2 ,4,5]finishingn at the med at Collioure..because its such a lovely place and havent been for a few years :(

Ive already ridden the trails high up around Sort and Esport and Andorra so can handle the terrain and mountains..might fall off a few times :P

cheers..ow yep I`m on a ccm644 "fully knobbled" :laugh: (thumbs)

winters approaching so got get planning..
PHILinFRANCE

Re: Vibraction Roadbook

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

Hey up Russ , i'm planning on doing as much of a trans pryenees trip next year and will be either looking for or buying some of the books !!! so stay in touch mate ...DR650 fully knobbed .....................sod the the Black Pig ,it just aint good enough :evil:
Nickw909

Post by Nickw909 »

Russ,

The first half of RB5, to Tremp, is easy 2 track with the odd rocky climb/decent here and there, nothing a rider that's done a bit of trail riding couldn't cope with.

Can only assume the rest is similar stuff, might get a bit sandy as you get down to the Bardenas Reales...

Here's some photos:

RB5 October 2013

Avoid October, appears the hunting season starts on the 1st and not many campsites open.

Nick.
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Phil..

email on way :woohoo:

Donkey`s rock (thumbs)
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

Cheers mate ..........................Anyone want to buy a well looked after Tener :evil:
Nickw909

Post by Nickw909 »

Forgot to add....

Well worth getting the roadbook and a roadbook holder to navigate by as, IMO, it adds to the difficulty and makes it much more interesting.

Nick.
MR X

Post by MR X »

Tramp wrote:Phil..

Donkey`s rock (thumbs)
so do exc s :laugh:
SIF

Post by SIF »

Tramp,
A few of us did this area a couple of years ago. We took the Auto Train to Toulouse then rode Albi to Carcassone, to Perpignan onto Andorra via Ripol and came home via Bilbao. That was 5 days on the trails and two days travelling. The distances in this area are massive as I'm sure you know.Lots of rock, red soil and relatively easy fire tracks. I have a DVD of our trip and I will make a copy and get it to you (it wont go on youtube as it was made on applemac) so you can see what to expect but in 5 days we only had one really narly bit, nothing you couldn't handle. We were on 3aj Teneres, XT660Z Tenere and a F650 GS Dakar. Would be up for going back and doing RB1 as that looks very scenic. Give me a few days and I will pm you.
Attachments
tenere010_2013-11-11.jpg
tenere010_2013-11-11.jpg (65.78 KiB) Viewed 7691 times
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

what size drybag did you have on the ktm Nick please..the yellow one.was it a 40ltr?

great pics..Ive done the Bardenas Reales..tried climbing rugged steps on my old Ta650 loaded.. :S :woohoo: ..see you`ve done portugal too.. (thumbs)
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

MR X wrote:
Tramp wrote:Phil..

Donkey`s rock (thumbs)
so do exc s :laugh:
yes only on a bike stand :laugh: :laugh:

cheers Sif..I remember reading your report and talking to you at the Wilts meet..so so long ago eh!! you dont have to send the dvd I ve done lots of the pyreenes and have a strange photographic memory..close the eyes and I can see it all (thumbs) .

Big distance aint a problem for me..550 road and 150 trail..you forget the miles enjou=yong the views and ride..

Return to “Europe”