Montana help

bikenav

Re: Montana help

Post by bikenav »

you would be welcome to try your montana on my powered mount to eliminate the unit itself but your a bit too far away anyone nearer able to do similar perhaps?
GFJ1

Post by GFJ1 »

Couple of issues we have found that may cause this:
1 mount is tightened too much around the handlebar causing the jaws of the mount to open too wide, lessening the pressure between the power pins and the Montana unit itself.
2 battery wobbles around within the Montana, which can be sorted by padding around the battery with some foam ear plugs (though I notice you haven't a battery so won't be it in this case)
AustinW

Post by AustinW »

Garmin will swap a broken device for a refurbed one for about £100 iirc. The replacements come with a year's guarantee and unlock codes for all your maps - if you have registered them with Garmin.

I have done this twice - the first time they f****d me about so much they gave me a full refund although I had to email the vice president for customer service in the USA to get things moving :laugh: , the second time was within the year of that time (as described in my earlier post) so was foc.
GB

Post by GB »

Thats what Ive decided to do Austin, mine has been battered, I've broken the pins where the rechargable battery goes, cracked the screen and it now doesnt charge off the cradle. Checked the cradle tonight and its definately putting out power at the pins so off to Garmin it goes.
Finally back on a GS :D

Return to “About GPS and GPS routes”