Anyone use a Tripy GPS on here?

Simon_100

Re: Anyone use a Tripy GPS on here?

Post by Simon_100 »

I have to agree with Mike. Last year I went on a rally that was sponsored by Tripy - half of the seventy-odd participants had to find their own way after the morning was out; battery life issues and plain old breakdowns were the fault.

As at least in theory these would be suitable for the format of my HISS events, in which the trails are 'given' I got the 'hard sell' from the Spanish concession bloke, but after 380 kms of getting f***ed up high in the Pyrenees certainly wouldn't touch one ...

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
GB

Anyone use a Tripy GPS on here?

Post by GB »

MHsnowy wrote:
~ACP~ wrote:
GB wrote:My Montana has a crack in the glass and I'm thinking of replacing it.
You likely know this, but Garmin can do you a swap replacement unit for about £100 (IIRC.)
Just replaced my Montana 650T for a newer model 680T and cost me £135. (Kept cutting out and freezing)

They also updated my City Navigator maps from 2014 to the latest 2017 maps FOC.

They say to remove the battery and memory cards and the new one came with a new battery. (I now have a spare battery)
I know others who have been given the 680as an upgrade and some of their maps won't run on it, By that mean non genuine garmin maps.
Finally back on a GS :D
Sideleaner

Post by Sideleaner »

It seems to me that I have the only good one around, because I never encountered any of the problems mentioned here. At the HISS i have been leading the pack all week long.... :P
Battery life ??? it was half way gone after a whole day on the "map view".
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Sideleaner wrote:It seems to me that I have the only good one around, because I never encountered any of the problems mentioned here. At the HISS i have been leading the pack all week long.... :P
Battery life ??? it was half way gone after a whole day on the "map view".
Maybe you're the lucky one then! As I say, at least in theory the Trippy was ideal for the HISS but at the 2015 Trip-i-Track rally about 40% failed ...

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
BokitoJos

Post by BokitoJos »

Stay with the flock, best way to go, devices sold by the million gives you sureness.
Same with bikes, who's riding a french bike :woohoo:
Girls and the countryside are ok no doubt.
Rented a device once, its big.
Use my Garmin both for riding and hiking, i like it switched from 62 tot latest Oregon, very happy with it, f+cking fast.
Don't go big. Preffer small, same result.
Netherlands

Return to “About GPS and GPS routes”