un-branded motorcycle sat nav GPS views please

Asterix41

Post by Asterix41 »

Has anyone any experience or recommendations of the unbranded sat nav units you can find on ebay (mainly) and amazon for circa £100 - £115. They are basically the not Tom Tom or Garmin ones.

Example is this one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motorcycle-SA ... 1784986754

For only very occasional user don't want expense of a branded one.

Thanks
P4ulie

Re: un-branded motorcycle sat nav GPS views please

Post by P4ulie »

Hopefully it's better than the html coding on the advert :whistle:

No experience & not come across an owner of one either. Mounting bracket looks a bit naff.

Maybe compare the price to a reconditioned Garmin / Tomtom, they often come up for not a huge amount more
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything
vRSG60

Post by vRSG60 »

I have a Rupse running IGO8 mapping software ( I also have OS Memory Maps on it). Great for the price.
I'd recommend them. The supplied motorcycle mount is OK but you can get a Ram mount that matches the 4 hole mounting on the back of the unit from Telferizer.
Out On The Floor - Keep The Faith
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

I have the earlier version ( branded Bluetronics) ...uses Igo maps which I like especially as I don't use voice navigation...I've had it 3 yrs now and it's still working fine...

Screen resolution is a bit poor especially in bright sunlight but for the money I am quite happy with it....
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

Not that model but I bought a cheap car one and put it in a waterproof case about 2 years ago.I'm a technophobe so I didn't want to spend several hundred pounds on a satnav and then find out I couldn't work it.It did what I wanted at the time taking me on my Round Britain Rally challenge and to Austria and back without any problems so no complaints really.The 12 volt connection sometimes needed a bit of jiggling to work and the sound has now gone so I've now bought a second hand Garmin off this site. Buying a better quality second hand unit is probably a better route to go down imo.
nickoff

Post by nickoff »

The feed back on the product by other customers is pretty good. Not always reliable I know but if I was in the market for a cheap sat nav I think I would buy one.

Nick.
pieterv

Post by pieterv »

I have one of those, as already mentioned you can put a ram mount on it. The software that (might) come with it is iGo, which works fine.

You can put routes with waypoints on, e.g from Tyre. You can get then a bit cheaper from places like Aliexpress.
Milo Tighfield

Post by Milo Tighfield »

Er I have one for sale, with ram mount. I would say a useful cheaper alternative to the more well known brands. You can hardwire it to the bike or use the in car charger. Comes with bike and car mounts. I have never used it with bluetooth headset. Sorry if I shouldn't do this. :S I will be putting it on Fleecebay once I know how much the carriage will be. :dry:
Milo Tighfield

Post by Milo Tighfield »

I could do; however I have never sold anything on a forum before and not sure how it all works.
Asterix41

Post by Asterix41 »

Milo Tighfield wrote:Er I have one for sale, with ram mount. I would say a useful cheaper alternative to the more well known brands. You can hardwire it to the bike or use the in car charger. Comes with bike and car mounts. I have never used it with bluetooth headset. Sorry if I shouldn't do this. :S I will be putting it on Fleecebay once I know how much the carriage will be. :dry:
Thanks for views, Milo are you planning to post your sat nav on this forum?

Return to “About GPS and GPS routes”