Peaklife vs Rage gps systems

ThomasD

Re: Peaklife vs Rage gps systems

Post by ThomasD »

You can plan your routes online with Motoplaner and save your route with Motoplaner in iGO8 format.
Tom
The Sarge

Post by The Sarge »

On selecting HotKey_Current_User, there is no OEM file on the version I have ?
pinball1008

Post by pinball1008 »

Just found this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/27124252 ... 80&ff14=95
Is this an updated version of the Peaklife with CE 6.0 and a bigger screen? If so, will all the "fixes" mentioned in this thread work on this model?
Not all those wandering are lost
pinball1008

Post by pinball1008 »

Ignore that, I've just realised it's the rage under the peaklife name. :blush:
Not all those wandering are lost
Mesics

Post by Mesics »

Hi, Hope you guys can help out with this. I have followed your directions but I don't or can't find WinCe? Or where to access the export option. Thanks in advance.
akendall1966 wrote:Hi,

Assuming your using RegEdit

When your copying RegEdit onto your card create a empty text file called 'export.reg'. As you will not have any keyboard until we can get into CE so you can't edit the registry directly on your device.

Get RegEdit running, under the file menu there is a little drop down box, select CUser here. In the window below double tap on OEM then ShellEx. Scroll to the bottom and select with a single tap WinCe.

On the file menu tap export and in the dialog the opens find the export.reg file you created and click OK. Accept any warning about over writing this file.

You now need to go back to your PC and connect or insert the SD card and edit this file. Change file so enable is set to '1'.

Put your SD card back or disconnect, fire up RegEdit and use file - import the export.reg file to change the key.

Restart the rage and under the setting menu you 'should' have a new button WinCe clicking this will drop you out of the Rage frontend into the CE shell.

You will then have a CE keyboard for further use of regedit. ;)
akendall1966

Post by akendall1966 »

What did you do?

Reply the steps you took to me, perhaps we can figure it out.
Mesics

Post by Mesics »

1/ Download RegEdit and send it to my card.
2/ Create text file export.reg with note pad and add to card.
3/ Get RegEdit running.
4/ In my GPS, select HKEY_CURRENT_USER.
5/ select OEM & shellEx.
6/ I can click on USB and see what needs to changed but need the keyboard to do so.
7/ Select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE - This is the only menu I can locate anything with windowsCE. There is WindowsCE Services & Windows Tools.
When I select the file menu the only option I have is Exit no export.

Where am I going wrong??
TomBoyNI

Post by TomBoyNI »

Do you still do these cards?

Also has anyone used one of these with a mac?

Is it a night are or is the cracking done from within the unit itself.

I really fancy one of these but am put off as it looks pretty difficult to get set up and ruining with any sort of ease?
Boo :-p

https://tbni.blog
Motorcycling | Technology | Photography
jasext

Post by jasext »

Yes i still do the cards.They come with full easy to follow instructions or you could send me the device and i can do it for you.
akendall1966

Post by akendall1966 »

OK - well I am using RegEdit v0.11

There is every liklyhood they have removed the WinCe option in your build of software. You can (at your own risk) create the missing key as it might still be there and they have done a quick and dirty disable of delete the registry key. They might have removed it completely, in which case nothing to be done.

I have exported everything under ShelEx on mine, if you PM me an email I will send you a copy and the RegEdit I am using if you want to give it a go.

You can import the whole thing or just the keys of interest by deleting everyhting else before importing. the 2 keys of interest are:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\OEM\ShellEx\USB]
"enable"=dword:00000001
"layout"=dword:00000001
"mode"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\OEM\ShellEx\Wince]
"enable"=dword:00000001
"layout"=dword:00000001

All being well that will give you menu option to toggle usb function and enter CE.

IMPORTANT - make a back up export of SellEx before chnaging anything if it goes wrong and you can still get RegEdit running you have a chnace of recovery. Without a back up you're screwed. This is your Davey Crocket moment, but what the hell you're and Adventure Bike Rider you're going to take the risk B)

Return to “About GPS and GPS routes”