Peaklife vs Rage gps systems

Charliebrm

Re: Peaklife vs Rage gps systems

Post by Charliebrm »

Sounds good. I will be trying Method 1. The point of my attempt is to get Active Sync turned on in the Rage so Method 2 wouldn't work yet.

I have downloaded Miopocket 4.0 R68 2010. There is no file starting with JOT*.*
http://code.google.com/p/miopocket-mini ... p&can=2&q=

Possibly older versions of MioPocket have JOTKBD.EXE included.
africanik

Post by africanik »

Seems that is a "mini" version; I picked it from here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/43c75 ... ase+68.zip

and JOTKBD.EXE is under :
MioPocket 4.0 Release 68MioAutoRunPrograms
Uncle Phil

Post by Uncle Phil »

I own 3 Peaklifes, 4 Rages, and 4 of the new 5" Chinavasion GPS (these are much more aggressive in finding satellites and the backlighting is better). I'm also running IGO8 and Primo 2.4 with the Motorcycle 1.9 update which has some great features about waypoints. However, the Gen2 5" changed the screen resolution and the MC 1.9 will not run (800X480). My hunch is I need to get into Wince 6 and adjust the resolution 'down'. I have tried both versions of the REGEDIT with no joy (same problem as above - wants a file name though I create EXPORT.REG file). I tried ceFFM and it says it installed but just keeps rebooting the device in a loop. I've read this thread through but I'm still looking for a solution. Any ideas?
Uncle Phil

Post by Uncle Phil »

Well, I got a onscreen keyboard up and working and got to the REGEDIT part, but now the reset button appears to have broke so I'm 'shut down' down. Back to China with it and then wait for it to be fixed.
Uncle Phil

Post by Uncle Phil »

Got the reset button 'unstuck' - electronic parts cleaner and some 'fiddling' with a small screwdriver. Finally found the WINCE selection option which is under 'SETTINGS' instead of the desktop. Between jobtkd (on screen keyboard) and the older regedit I was able to change the ENABLE setting under WINCE to 1. This worked doing it all on the GPS without fussing with ACTIVE SYNC. However, under CONTROL PANEL>DISPLAY there is no option to 'set' the resolution so I'm back to where I was. At least now I know how to 'hack' the 5" if I want to.
Charliebrm

Post by Charliebrm »

Good progress Phil. I'm too tired with my shift work at the moment to have much energy for persisting at customizing the Rage (or much else that needs concentration, lol) so these details will help me a lot to skip some trial and error.

I have an Android tablet to root and darned if that isn't giving as much grief if not more. But I love tinkering too much to give up. Always have been like that since I was a kid with Heathkit stuff.
Uncle Phil

Post by Uncle Phil »

Now that I know what to do, it's pretty simple if you can find the right version of the programs. Copy REGEDIT.EXE and JOTKBD.EXE to the sd card, change the NAVPATH to the JOTKBD.EXE first to bring the keyboard up, then change the NAVPATH to the REGEDIT.EXE to bring REGEDIT.EXE up, select CUSER from the dropdown box, double tap OEM, double tap SHELLEX, scroll down to find WINCE, double tap it, edit the first parameter ENABLE to 1, save it and then back out. Then I hit reset to boot the system. I thought at first it did not work because the button didn't show up on the main screen. For my GPS, it puts the WINDOWS CE button under SETTINGS menu - the same place you set the NAV PATH. This deal takes about 5 minutes now that I know the 'how to'. :D
STRATARIDER

Post by STRATARIDER »

Hi all, thinking of buying RAGE with UK maps installed, and it appears i need to download "RoadAngle v5.4 update" in order to download memory map.
I am unable to get this from MM, so is anything else available, or does someone have a copy?

I have sent a PM to Jase for info and to see if anything is available.

As i only require the maps of wales and it is 20000 sqkm, i think this is all i need. http://www.memory-map.co.uk/os-landranger-1-50000 What do you think, and do you know if the licence will work etc? Also do you have any more views on the rage and how is it bearing up?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers
Mike
Coles

Post by Coles »

Hi faulty one for sale here if you need brackets.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 500wt_1199

Return to “About GPS and GPS routes”