Peaklife GPS

bikenav

Re: Peaklife GPS

Post by bikenav »

i would like to listen to music through in-ear speakers but there is no female jack plug on these, if i plugged a mini usb to female 3.5mm adapter into it then speakers into that would i have music/commands etc .PS spare mounting brackets etc available thru amazon recently.
thanks Paul
APD_660Ten

Post by APD_660Ten »

I doubt it but never tried. You can use Bluetooth audio.
Davy

Post by Davy »

Just for information - an updated version of the 'Peaklife' has been brought out by the same people, it's called 'The Rage' (?!). Basically 4gb internal memory (+SD card upgradeable), OS is Win CE6.0, apparently won't work as standard with garmin, but does with IGO8. It has a 4.3" screen and I think higher resolution.Presumably has bluetooth...(edit: it does)

I don't know about other outputs etc, but the new bike mounting options look a bit more plasticky...

YOUTUBE vid:

From chinavasion website: "All Terrain 4.3 Inch Motorcycle GPS Navigation System with a Waterproof rating of IPX7, 4GB Internal Memory and Bluetooth connectivity will help you enjoy the ride of your life.

All Terrain means no pain, no gain as this GPS is made to embrace most elements that it may encounter, this is the "Rage" motorcycle GPS navigation system. This Motorcycle GPS navigation system (that can be used with cars as well) consists of a 4.3 inch touch screen which provides a user friendly interface as well as two power cables to be connected either to a car cigarette lighter port or a motorcycle battery. Also in the "Rage" package is a suction mount to place this GPS on your windscreen or a mounting bracket to connect to the handles of your motorcycle for better viewing when hitting the highway.

This "Rage" GPS has a waterproof rating of IPX7 meaning that it can be immersed for up to 30 minutes at a depth of up to 1 meter. Which means it should handle any rain or snow, and should survive falling into a creek or shallow river making it ideal in them all terrain conditions if out on your motorcycle and you are exposed to the elements of Mother Nature. You can store data directly onto this motorcycle navigation unit as it has 4GB of internal memory as well as the ability to have an additional storage of up to 16GB via the built-in micro SD card port. This well rounded GPS navigator also has Bluetooth connectivity that allows hands-free also with echo-cancellation therefore making it safer to use as you can concentrate on the road ahead."

£85 approx direct (+ any import duty + postage etc)

Maybe someones selling them on Ebay by now??
Still Gotta Pulse

Post by Still Gotta Pulse »

Thanks for the heads up Davy ;)

Mine is about due for replacement so I am particularly keen to have learnt of this new model. Not too sure about the 'Rage' tag though! :whistle:

Regarding the mounts I don't think they are much different to the original items. What does look to be an improvement though is the extended peak on the cradle to help prevent sunlight hitting the screen.
APD_660Ten

Post by APD_660Ten »

+1 for the heads up. Might also explain why the cradles are so hard to get hold of.
jasext

Post by jasext »

Just a quick note onthe RAGE, it is very very difficult to get memory map to work on it, it uses win CE6 and is almost impossible to get it to run right."Been spending the last few days trying to get it sorted with some help, we are still having major issues with it"
Igo8 and everything else works fine.

Return to “About GPS and GPS routes”