ABR Issue No1 has sold out.

Announcements, comments, moans, praise, suggestions, mags missing in the post etc – if it's to do with Adventure Bike Rider magazine post it up here.
Alun

Re: ABR Issue No1 has sold out.

Post by Alun »

morpheus wrote:Hmmm, I tried all the newsagents within 30 miles of Salisbury without success - even WHSmiths Salisbury said they'd never heard of it and couldn't find it on their "list"! Thankfully, ordered my copy from Touratech (thanks for the tip Alun), but strange that WHSmiths, Martins and Forbouys all denied any knowledge.....

Morpheus
They don't deny knowledge of Adventure Bike Rider magazine when it comes to us paying them extortionate amounts of loot for shelf space.

What you've experienced is a standard feature of newsagent 'service'. For example, we've been publishing Adventure Travel magazine for 15 years, its stocked in our local Stratford branches of W H Smiths (and has been for 15 years) and yet 50% of the time when I ask staff for a copy they claim they've never heard of it – even when it's on the shelf in their own shop!.

For the record, we are on W H Smiths wholesale list and we are a listed magazine at retail. You can insist they order you a copy, I've paid them enough cash for you to have that privilege. And it would be doing a small publishing company a favour if you did so.
morpheus

Post by morpheus »

I now have a subscription so WHSmiths can cram it! (Actually I only go there as a last resort usually!). I just thought you'd be interested to hear my experiences!

Morpheus
scouse

Post by scouse »

News Flash - the "All Mgazines a Quid" stall in Eagle Market Derby has 20 copies of issue Number One! Won't be able to make it until next weekend... but any takers ?
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
Alun

Post by Alun »

scouse wrote:News Flash - the "All Mgazines a Quid" stall in Eagle Market Derby has 20 copies of issue Number One! Won't be able to make it until next weekend... but any takers ?
Are you serious or did you forget to place a smiley at the end of the post?
scouse

Post by scouse »

Nope sorry but true.:(

Actually if it takes the edge off they have around a hundred copies of the July issue of TBM...
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
Alun

Post by Alun »

Thanks for letting me know scouse, something to look into on Monday. I had an off the record chat with a guy who was selling mags for a £ down in Hertfordshire and he told me that his sole supplier was the back of a lorry.

Ah well, as long as they go to a good home.
scouse

Post by scouse »

Alun wrote:Thanks for letting me know scouse, something to look into on Monday. I had an off the record chat with a guy who was selling mags for a £ down in Hertfordshire and he told me that his sole supplier was the back of a lorry.

Ah well, as long as they go to a good home.
Hmm the one on Stevenage Market ? Yup, can believe that as they always used to have stacks of issues of bike and computer mags that never seemed to get delivered to the local shops :(

sparks

Post by sparks »

called touratech today and orderd a copy of issue 1 and they still have some left

adam
mawse

Post by mawse »

For anyone is south yorkshire looking for ABR issue 1

Just got back from Rotherham and WHSmith at Parkgate has 2 copies left

cheers
Glenn_G

Post by Glenn_G »

Hi All,

I found issue 2 at WH Smiths over the weekend and its a great read ....

so does anyone have a spare issue no 1 that they want to sell me?

cheers

Return to “ABR MAGAZINE”