Should ABR have Babes on Bikes?

Announcements, comments, moans, praise, suggestions, mags missing in the post etc – if it's to do with Adventure Bike Rider magazine post it up here.
Alun

Should ABR have Babes on Bikes?

Post by Alun »

What about it, should we organise a photo shoot up the Orinoco and a pose down in Patagonia? What do you think ABR should never do? Or should we never say never?
Nomad

Re:Should ABR have Babes on Bikes?

Post by Nomad »

Not for me ;) but I am not opposed to it just don't buy bike mags to look at tits - thats what skin mags are for...
Touring France Some Useful Central Massif Touring Routes...

Ride Reports places we have been and things we have seen...
Alun

Post by Alun »

By the way, perhaps I should just clarify...there are no plans to feature anything more alluring than middle aged spread in ABR

Post by Guest »

''Babes on bikes''..Please god no..ABR is a magazine for those of us that have grown up and have risen above the infantile 'title tattle'that pervades our everyday existence,

I personally gave up watching,listening,and reading the ''info'' provided by the (controlled)media a long time ago..ABR is a welcome breath of fresh air..please keep it that way..travel articles and advice provide a means of breaking out of the humdrum life that the majority of the population live through

Travel broadens the mind..it gives me something to look forward to..Keep up the high standards please Alun
lostinthewilderness

Post by lostinthewilderness »

have you tried 'Streetfighters'?
:)
MidnightSerenity

Post by MidnightSerenity »

Alun wrote:
What do you think ABR should never do?
Oh my fingers have been itching to type a response!!! I agree with Nomad and Brevav2...the focus is Adventure, Bike and Rider(s)

I'm surprised (I shouldn't be at my age now!!), but I am at the number of magazine covers showing scantily clad women/girls...and the magazine is selling or promoting gadets...I think you know which ones I'm talking about!

I think if you start to introduce half naked women on backs of bikes with tenuous links to 'Adventure, Bike and Rider(s)', you may offend a few people, alienate others and drop standards like other magazines have done.

This is my personal opinion only. I do liken this topic to the Ewan and Charley Thread...to reach the masses, a lot of compromises had to be made with the programme (many of which have been discussed this morning)...will ABR compromise what it is all about to do the same? :blush:
GUNDOG

Post by GUNDOG »

Babes on bikes.....YES......covered in mud :)
Treat every situation like a dog..

If you can't hump it or eat it, piss on it and walk away.
Ad_Lad

Post by Ad_Lad »

what about some arty shots, bring it right up market with some top heavy lovelys tighening nuts with their spanners. Ding dong!!
scurrell

Post by scurrell »

Articles about babes on bikes would be good...

Lois, Elspeth, Tiffany, Birgit....

Should be enough to be going on with.
"It was only the beer talking, but what it said made perfect sense..."

*Touring Ted*

Post by *Touring Ted* »

Maybe a top shelf area in the forum..But not in the mag !!!

Although, there are plenty of Germans on the road and they love being naked !! Sadly it's usually the older dudes in their thonged speedos around the hostel lol

Return to “ABR MAGAZINE”