Armored jeans...

Announcements, comments, moans, praise, suggestions, mags missing in the post etc – if it's to do with Adventure Bike Rider magazine post it up here.
Mad Hatter

Re: Armored jeans...

Post by Mad Hatter »

I've got three pairs, a pair of red route cargo ones, thin but comfy, a pair of thicker red route jeans that are grey, I live in these and they're covered in oil and grease, and a pair of jts ones that look nicer.

I've tested the cargo ones at about 40mph in a more or less dry slide, they did a lot better than my expensive richa jacket, the jacket ended up with a fist size hole in the arm and the jeans had a 5mm hole in the thigh where I'd got change in my pocket, just outside the kevlar (thumbs)
nigel page

Post by nigel page »

Hood jeans full kevlar, plus any size inside leg
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
BobH

Post by BobH »

Interesting, have been about to pull the trigger on a set of Lindstrands Wrap Jeans, just waiting to go to the MCN show at Peterborough this weekend in case there are any reduced. Have had Red Route and Spidi, both very comfortable. Had a slide on gravel in the Spidi and they held up well.
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

P4ulie wrote:I really wouldn't go on a review, were all different & the sizing can be mental....just like any other jean. Imagine you've gone into say TKMaxx & you fancy a new pair of jeans, you can try on 5 pairs in your waist size & walk out.

I tried on many pairs in Grand Prix Legends some insanely expensive £250! I couldn't get my leg in many of them & my legs have been described as bean poles :whistle:
This is called denial. The man that makes the pies knows different ;-)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Bryn

Post by Bryn »

The most recent review of motorcycle jeans was in issue 27 of the mag - the one with the KTM Super Adventure on the cover (thumbs) also got a piece with Chris, the owner of Hood Jeans who talks about the jean industry and what's important to look for when you're buying.

Return to “ABR MAGAZINE”