New magazine

Announcements, comments, moans, praise, suggestions, mags missing in the post etc – if it's to do with Adventure Bike Rider magazine post it up here.
Alban

New magazine

Post by Alban »

So there I was in Smiths, 'browsing' the bike magazines (as one does) and lo, there were copies of the latest ABR (with a Ducati on the cover). Yet again, it's in the shops before subscribers (well, this one anyway) receive it through the post.
I am not impressed - Again!
Paul_C

Re: New magazine

Post by Paul_C »

Ditto
Just along for the ride.
Husqvarna 901 Norden. Husqvarna 701 Enduro. Moto Guzzi LeMans II.
PaulinBont

Post by PaulinBont »

Yep, grates on me too...subscriptions should have priority after all
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

As I rarely get to go into shops during the working week I'm usually blissfully ignorant of ABR hitting the shelves but yes it does grate that my subscription copy is usually delivered later.

I also have a subscription to Bike and that turns up at least 4-5 days before it gets to the shops.
Tony AKA MAD COW

KTM 1090 Adventure R

KTM 450 EXC Rally

MY BLOG
Alun

Post by Alun »

I've posted this up a few times, maybe it's time for an update.

Subscriptions go out in the post on the day before the newsagent stock is delivered into the distributors. This should mean that subscribers get their copies delivered a day before they appear in the newsagents.

What can happen is that the distributors are efficient and the post not so. That appears to have happened on this occasion. The speed of postage is out of our hands, and we have no facilities to store large quantities of magazines. That's why we have never guaranteed or said that subs will be delivered before they hit the shops, though on most occasions they do

What we do guarantee is that you save money on a subscription, it'll be delivered to your door and you will definitely receive a copy.
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

I know in my area that there has been a delay in postal services. I got bank statement today 5 days later that it is normally
So just chill it will arrive and when it does you can use the last issue to give the postie a mild beating and tell him to get a move on next time
:whistle:
Heff

Post by Heff »

I'm a subscriber but as I live in Northern Ireland, I'll never get mine ahead of the crowd :blink:

I'm just glad to get it whenever it does arrive (thumbs)
If I'm not online.............

I'm probably out on the Bat Bike

Gelande/Strasse R1200Gsa Triple Black
Mawsley

Post by Mawsley »

This thread is crying out for some 1st World Problem memes.
Africa Twin
Fun Lovin Criminal

Post by Fun Lovin Criminal »

Mawsley wrote:This thread is crying out for some 1st World Problem memes.
Good point well made B)
2 wheeled tourist

Post by 2 wheeled tourist »

Alban wrote:So there I was in Smiths, 'browsing' the bike magazines (as one does) and lo, there were copies of the latest ABR (with a Ducati on the cover). Yet again, it's in the shops before subscribers (well, this one anyway) receive it through the post.
I am not impressed - Again!
I subscribe, since issue one, and really wouldn't care if I get mine sooner or later than the shops, I really do think there's more to life than a "late" magazine :unsure: :S just as it's a good read and the job is gettin' done (thumbs)
Hey! I'm a tourist. And that's how I like it.

Return to “ABR MAGAZINE”