That Henry Cole Interview.

Announcements, comments, moans, praise, suggestions, mags missing in the post etc – if it's to do with Adventure Bike Rider magazine post it up here.
The Sarge

Re: That Henry Cole Interview.

Post by The Sarge »

Sleepy wrote:I've never considered the 'Born Again' tag as an insult or elitist, it is what it is.

A description to describe someone who rode bikes regularly awhile ago and has returned 'to the fold'.

A classic example in my village an acquaintance my age (65), an old 'Rocker' hasn't ridden or owned a bike since the 70's, came and asked me for advice on clothing and what bikes are about these days.

He said himself he was a born again biker, and didn't think it was insulting or demeaning.
I am pretty sure the BAB tag came from the Emergency Services who were alarmed at the number of Motorcyclists from the senior end of life that they had to scrape off the road. The demographic shift though is down to several factors, the horrendous cost of bikes now, only affordable to the older generation rid of their kids, attitudes of the younger generation ( too concerned about how their hair looks and following facebook) But I agree when you are born shouldn't matter as long as you are a biker !!

Sarge
redbikejohn

Post by redbikejohn »

he's a bit like Marmite - you either like him or not. personally i can't watch his stuff. i'm sure he's a nice bloke, but if he's been into biking so long why the hell does he come across like he's only just started riding or can hardly handle any tools?
Yamaha tenere 700
XT660Z written off from behind by car.

Check out www.redbikejohn.com for ride & race reports (enduro, H&H etc).
Roy C.

Post by Roy C. »

redbikejohn wrote:he's a bit like Marmite - you either like him or not. personally i can't watch his stuff. i'm sure he's a nice bloke, but if he's been into biking so long why the hell does he come across like he's only just started riding or can hardly handle any tools?
Remind me, what are Tools? :(
Zookman

Post by Zookman »

redbikejohn wrote:he's a bit like Marmite - you either like him or not. personally i can't watch his stuff. i'm sure he's a nice bloke, but if he's been into biking so long why the hell does he come across like he's only just started riding or can hardly handle any tools?
Some bikers are like that, with no mechanical abilities whatsoever and are only interested in riding bikes.... One of my mates is like that, he bought some Renthal bars on the net for one of his bikes, then took his bike to bike mechanic shop and paid to have them fitted. I was like WTF !! In fact any accessory he buys, he will then pay someone to fit it.
sven

Post by sven »

I still can't believe he didn't like the Beartooth Highway :ohmy: It's a fabulous road, even in the Mustang I rented last year (thumbs)

On the topic of jeans, I still wear them when it's hot, especially if I'm going to be walking around when on tour. Not clever I know, but even my Rev-it Sand II pants are still too warm with their Goretex lining removed :blush:

Return to “ABR MAGAZINE”