Magazine BEST YET

Announcements, comments, moans, praise, suggestions, mags missing in the post etc – if it's to do with Adventure Bike Rider magazine post it up here.
midlife

Re: Magazine BEST YET

Post by midlife »

I would also like to say how much the magazine has gone from strength to strength. Thanks for a great read. (thumbs)
Rob
fullerton

Post by fullerton »

Dave DRZ wrote:So, Britain's highest pass is 670m above sea level. Lightweight...

Great mag btw B)

Dave
dave what out for the scouser going for the wallet on your right

steve
onslowe

Post by onslowe »

It is a damn fine read but why is the majority of tested equipment from the Mega bucks range. Jackets from £500 - £1000 well out of my price range as well as many of the other products and bikes that are featured. Is there any change of getting back to the more affordable end of the market ? I got one of the £40 jackets that Moto Al suggested and I am sure there is not £960 difference in the jackets performance. The magazine editors probably want the best kit to test as maybe they keep some of it but its nice when something gets tested that we could all easily afford, or is it just me who is a pauper ?
boristhebold

Post by boristhebold »

onslowe wrote:It is a damn fine read but why is the majority of tested equipment from the Mega bucks range. Jackets from £500 - £1000 well out of my price range as well as many of the other products and bikes that are featured. Is there any change of getting back to the more affordable end of the market ? I got one of the £40 jackets that Moto Al suggested and I am sure there is not £960 difference in the jackets performance. The magazine editors proabaly want the best kit to test as maybe they keep some of it but its nice when something gets tested that we could all easily afford, or is it just me who is a pauper ?
No, not just you. It would be nice to see some tests of £2k second hand bikes, or £5k new bike v a £5k 2nd hand one as well as testing kit at the cheaper end of the market and doing real life comparisons as to whether £40 v £1000 there really is 25x the difference.
Still enjoy the mag but it is like some of the cycling mags in that the staff appear to get courted by high end manufacturors to test their kit.
What does happen to all the kit that has been tried and tested for months on end ? It surely cant all go back, is there a lock up somewhere with tons of used kit ? Auction it with proceeds to TRF ??

Return to “ABR MAGAZINE”