Automatic Subscription

Announcements, comments, moans, praise, suggestions, mags missing in the post etc – if it's to do with Adventure Bike Rider magazine post it up here.
midlife

Re: Automatic Subscription

Post by midlife »

(thumbs) Magazine question but of a different type.
I occasionally purchase a single issue via the forum home page, however despite saying:
"If you're not ready for a subscription yet you can buy a single copy of our current issue (issue 25) below" the drop down box to select quantity is only offering Subscriptions and not single issues.
I am not losing any sleep over this but would like to know wether I need to travel to Smiths or not.

P.S. I already have issue 25 and was hoping that the website had been updated to show issue 26... not yet apparently

EDIT: Within an hour or so of posting the above, the website has been updated, offering issue 26 and the option of single issue purchase
viince

Post by viince »

Diesel Pete wrote:+1 for automatic renewal.

I most likely would just forget to renew and miss a few issues if it wasn't for auto renewal.

Ideally an email a month before its due to renew to let us know would be great but not being into I.T I haven't a clue how easy or hard that would be to set up.

+1 on what he said (thumbs)
What if the hokey cokey is what it's all about
TomBoyNI

Post by TomBoyNI »

viince wrote:
Diesel Pete wrote:+1 for automatic renewal.

I most likely would just forget to renew and miss a few issues if it wasn't for auto renewal.

Ideally an email a month before its due to renew to let us know would be great but not being into I.T I haven't a clue how easy or hard that would be to set up.

+1 on what he said (thumbs)
Another +1. The email reminder is a great idea that why you have the choice with plenty of time.

Let's be honest it only takes a couple of mins to cancel the payment but that only rings true of you remember to cancel said payment.
Boo :-p

https://tbni.blog
Motorcycling | Technology | Photography
MarkN

Post by MarkN »

There's a lot of good comments on here.

I understand that an auto subscription suits some people, if you're happy with the mag etc.

I also think that it would be a good idea to send an email to remind you that the payment was becoming due. Maybe like some insurance companies do etc.

Finally, I don't want to accuse anyone of running a scam or being dishonest as it is in the small print.
Zookman

Post by Zookman »

Auto renew really pisses me off...... most insurance companies do it now. When I take out a policy the first thing I ask them is about whether they have auto renew, if they do I tell them to remove it.
With the mag subscription you should be given a choice when you subscribe whether you want auto renew or not.... To put it on automatically is bad form.

Return to “ABR MAGAZINE”