subscriptions

Announcements, comments, moans, praise, suggestions, mags missing in the post etc – if it's to do with Adventure Bike Rider magazine post it up here.
edpaynter

subscriptions

Post by edpaynter »

Come on guys get your act together!!

I have an ongoing permanent subscriptions but to avail of your TOMTOM offer, I have to cancel and then open a new sub

This is hardly the way to keep subscribers in difficult times
Nick_2112

Re: subscriptions

Post by Nick_2112 »

Agree, I was going to ask how existing (loyal) subscribers could get this TomTom offer, after all, without us the mag may not be viable.

Come on, reward ALL subscibers with the offer!
Dave DRZ

Post by Dave DRZ »

I've emailed with the same query but got no reply. If I cancel my subscription, do I get a refund? Or do I lose £20 (so that I can save £100 on a Sat Nav I probably wouldn't be buying if there wasn't an offer on)?

Dave
Far Off Places; a motorcycle adventure from Manchester to Manali www.faroffplaces.net
Sleepy

Post by Sleepy »

Sadly it's how a lot of companies work, ignoring their loyal customers, whilst making offers to attract new ones.

I've been a customer of BT for years, with phone and broadband, I started getting flyers through my letterbox with offers to 'join' them and get the first six months at a discount, so I phoned them up, and explained how unfair this seemed (to me) as a loyal customer.. they gave me six months at the discounted price.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I have a very similar discussion with CN regarding my insurance every year when they send me a renewal figure and I go online as a new customer and get it cheaper.

Every now and then I go to a shop and have a look see what each magazine has to offer and if I feel like buying one I do but none of them get a fixed subscription from me because they just don't give me anything back if I stay with them as a loyal customer.

The last motorbike related magazine I purchased was the 500th edition of Bike Magazine and apart from the RD500 part it was crap and I felt cheated :(
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

BTW I had a response about the 25% off on page 8, and that's what you get compared to the shop price, so anyone subscribing should be getting the 25% off already ie paying £18 for 6 issues, rather than the £4.25 at newsagents.

Getting the magazine delivered to me, for £1.25 less, I don't mind if I get it a couple of days late (thumbs)
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Paper Mags are old hat in 2014, look at TBM

Printed mags are on the way out, I reckon
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

johnnyboxer wrote:Paper Mags are old hat in 2014, look at TBM

hope not. I hate reading anything on a PC screen or tablet. Paper all the way. Infact, Id go as far as saying that if printed mags are ditched I wouldn't bother reading again online.
Emf#53

Post by Emf#53 »

johnnyboxer wrote:Paper Mags are old hat in 2014, look at TBM

That would be a shame - I spend a lot of time throughout the day on a PC, laptop, iPad etc - when it comes to flicking through a bike mag I want it to be on paper, I want to have it in my bag knowing that I can pick it up and have a read anywhere I am without having to worry about power, internet connection etc.
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

johnnyboxer wrote: Printed mags are on the way out, I reckon
They will have to evolve to give something that you can't get from reading the same information on a tablet etc.

Those of us who grew up with paper will probably be the last users, and while I'll happily surf the net to find information, I still like having something tangible between my fingers saying that if I was going to bet on one periodical going next it would be The "comic" aka More Crap than News.

Return to “ABR MAGAZINE”