Who's the new editor then ??

Announcements, comments, moans, praise, suggestions, mags missing in the post etc – if it's to do with Adventure Bike Rider magazine post it up here.
hotbulb

Re: Who's the new editor then ??

Post by hotbulb »

And I was rather amused that the cover of edition 24 shows it to be edition 24, but also edition 23! (If you don't believe me, look at the image on this site!)
But lackadaisical subbing/proofreading is not confined to ABR - just look at ANY newspaper these days :)
sohoeasy

Post by sohoeasy »

I was wondering how everyone but me at the Cotwolds knew who Nathan was ? That's 'cause I've never actually read an ABR mag (shameful I know :blush: )

Still ? Best of luck to him and the ABR team too. The reasons are none of my business and going on about it can only do harm in my book. :(

(wouldn't it be great if this was the last post of this thread ? Back to bike's peeps ! ) (thumbs)
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

sohoeasy wrote: (wouldn't it be great if this was the last post of this thread ?
Why? :dry:
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

sohoeasy wrote:I was wondering how everyone but me at the Cotwolds knew who Nathan was ? That's 'cause I've never actually read an ABR mag (shameful I know :blush: )

Still ? Best of luck to him and the ABR team too. The reasons are none of my business and going on about it can only do harm in my book. :(

(wouldn't it be great if this was the last post of this thread ? Back to bike's peeps ! ) (thumbs)
Hey, you're not the only one that subscribes to the forum but has never read a copy of ABR magazine.

I'll also wish Nathan the best of luck in whatever his next job is and hope he really enjoys it because from his posts on here and other peoples comments about him he sounds like a decent guy.

Why don't I bother with ABR magazine? Because much as I love riding bikes and reading about them I hate the whole idea of putting bikers into distinct groups and it pisses me off big time when I see comments about sprots bike riders, fair weather riders, Harley riders, Ewan & Charlie wannabees and mx riders spoiling it for the grey beard trail riders. Any magazine that seeks to encourage bike riders to separate themselves from others into sub groups won't be getting any of my money.

That's probably a bit radical for the majority but when I started legally riding motorbikes in 1975 we were all bikers and we weren't looking to be put into little sub categories in a feeble attempt to make ourselves socially acceptable and keep the rabble out of sight and out of mind.
johnnyboxer

Who's the new editor then ??

Post by johnnyboxer »

AndyB wrote:
sohoeasy wrote:I was wondering how everyone but me at the Cotwolds knew who Nathan was ? That's 'cause I've never actually read an ABR mag (shameful I know :blush: )

Hey, you're not the only one that subscribes to the forum but has never read a copy of ABR magazine.

I'll also wish Nathan the best of luck in whatever his next job is and hope he really enjoys it because from his posts on here and other peoples comments about him he sounds like a decent guy.

Why don't I bother with ABR magazine? Because much as I love riding bikes and reading about them I hate the whole idea of putting bikers into distinct groups and it pisses me off big time when I see comments about sprots bike riders, fair weather riders, Harley riders, Ewan & Charlie wannabees and mx riders spoiling it for the grey beard trail riders. Any magazine that seeks to encourage bike riders to separate themselves from others into sub groups won't be getting any of my money.

That's probably a bit radical for the majority but when I started legally riding motorbikes in 1975 we were all bikers and we weren't looking to be put into little sub categories in a feeble attempt to make ourselves socially acceptable and keep the rabble out of sight and out of mind.
Sums it up for me too

Print & paper is so last century too, so mags are out for me
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Ken Shabby

Post by Ken Shabby »

MattW wrote:Whoever the new editor is, needs to get hold of production values.

Riddled with typo's including the first paragraph of the page 3 editorial!

And blaming a missing feature on a lost memory stick? Come on...
Typos.

Oh, the irony!
MattW

Post by MattW »

Ken Shabby wrote:
MattW wrote:Whoever the new editor is, needs to get hold of production values.

Riddled with typo's including the first paragraph of the page 3 editorial!

And blaming a missing feature on a lost memory stick? Come on...
Typos.

Oh, the irony!
Ooh - I misused an apostrophe (actually my iPad did and I didn't catch it) - I would go and flog myself mercilessly but then again, I'm not a professional journalist so I think I'll let it go...
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

All that needs to be said here is Good luck in whatever you do next Nathan!

As for the rest of the thread, what a load of .............
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

AndyB wrote:Because much as I love riding bikes and reading about them I hate the whole idea of putting bikers into distinct groups and it pisses me off big time when I see comments about sprots bike riders, fair weather riders, Harley riders, Ewan & Charlie wannabees and mx riders spoiling it for the grey beard trail riders. Any magazine that seeks to encourage bike riders to separate themselves from others into sub groups won't be getting any of my money.

I haven't read the mag since issue 6 (probably because it just makes me jealous of everybody else adventures), so I can't comment on whether the mag encourages division or not, but as a general sentiment towards the motorcycling industry, I totally agree with the above.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

The irony, "bikers" not wanting to read a magazine that pigeoholes them, but are happy to post on the forum that derives from that magazine :ohmy:

I buy the magazine as I enjoy reading most of it, a general magazine by its very nature is more likely, IMO, to have more bits that don't interest me. I used to read / subscribe to Bike magazine till a few years ago, but got disillusioned with it, their article about the DL1000 across Europe to Japan has meant I might just start buying it again, unless it goes all sports bike again, but then as their journalists are getting more "mature" they seem to be seeing the advantage of upright bikes, with easy to reach bars and pegs, and a screen to keep the weather off you. And, manage to be not too serious with the Perry Grayson article.

Return to “ABR MAGAZINE”