Who's the new editor then ??

Announcements, comments, moans, praise, suggestions, mags missing in the post etc – if it's to do with Adventure Bike Rider magazine post it up here.
Bigdavesmate

Who's the new editor then ??

Post by Bigdavesmate »

bond_yzf wrote:Why is it clearly a buisness decision ??
So are you suggesting that the ABR mag is run just for fun?
Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen.- Louis L'Amour
AndyB

Re: Who's the new editor then ??

Post by AndyB »

If it isn't a business based decision then it's a personal one and one or the other of the parties may not want to discuss it on an internet forum.

Back in the days before the wonderful internet hit us the first you'd know about a change of editor in a magazine would be a paragraph on about P3 of the magazine saying the previous editor had gone on to pastures new. Never an explanation though sometimes you'd hear things through the grapevine if you knew anyone in the business.
bond_yzf

Post by bond_yzf »

Bigdavesmate wrote:
im not suggesting anything

you've made an assumption im just curious how you came to it ?

I couldn't care less what the reason was tbh just thought it was funny how it was on faceache and not on here
Bigdavesmate

Post by Bigdavesmate »

bond_yzf wrote:
Bigdavesmate wrote:
im not suggesting anything

you've made an assumption im just curious how you came to it ?

I couldn't care less what the reason was tbh just thought it was funny how it was on faceache and not on here
Can I draw your attention to YOUR opening post? in which YOUsaid:

"Hear on the grapevine that Nathan has been sacked as editor of abr" so I've made no assumption, I'm just going on YOUR opening remark. You used the word sacked which implies sacked by someone his senior, which is clearly a business decision.
Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen.- Louis L'Amour
bond_yzf

Post by bond_yzf »

I quoted a response from nathan on a fb post saying he had been "sacked"

Which I find quite strange that the comment has been removed from fb

I still dont see how you can come to that assumption whithout knowing the full facts

id love to sack a couple of employees, not a buisness decision purely because they are a waste of fresh air

So ill take your comment with a pinch of salt

going on my opening remark is bollocks I dont know why he was sacked nor do you
900Fantrider

Re: loss to the abr mag

Post by 900Fantrider »

bond_yzf wrote:Theres a lot of negatives towards abr on fb
I dont do FB but do have access to it! Its a real shame when there is a split in an already minority group and all that crap gets thrown about :( Is ABR doing so wrong to biking?? :unsure:
I read the Mag for the first year but it was`nt for me, but through the forum and 7 or 8 ABR rallies and events ive met some (in fact all but one) great people some of whom will remain friends for life (thumbs)
Never met Nathan as Ive been off the scene for a couple of years but wish him well and hope his departure and new direction does`nt fragment the ABR crowd any more!
Too many Cagiva Elefants, Gran Canyons and Ducatis!
Azzalin SP and various others.
Elle

Post by Elle »

I don't know the ins and outs of this but it's easy to take the change personally as many members have been here since ABR was born & many more have met several times and consider members as friends.
But ABR is a business, the forum doesn't have to exist, the ABR mag would continue with or without the forum if sufficient numbers are being sold.
The true reason why Nathan is no longer editor, is irrelevant to the forum (IMO).

Thanks to Nathan for his contributions. I'm a mag subscriber and enjoyed the fresh input. Whatever happened is now in the past & I wish you an exciting future - you certainly have a great CV! :)
living an ordinary life in a non-ordinary way
Earwig

Post by Earwig »

Elle wrote:I don't know the ins and outs of this but it's easy to take the change personally as many members have been here since ABR was born & many more have met several times and consider members as friends.
But ABR is a business, the forum doesn't have to exist, the ABR mag would continue with or without the forum if sufficient numbers are being sold.
The true reason why Nathan is no longer editor, is irrelevant to the forum (IMO).

Thanks to Nathan for his contributions. I'm a mag subscriber and enjoyed the fresh input. Whatever happened is now in the past & I wish you an exciting future - you certainly have a great CV! :)
+1 (thumbs)
Gavinskii

Post by Gavinskii »

To be fair, there have been many changes to ABR in recent times. James691, Peejay are just 2 that spring to mind.

It's a shame Nathan has moved on, and he will be missed by many. But I am sure Alun and co will rise to the challenge to ensure high expectations are met.
:)
R1150GS

Montesa 4Ride

KLX 250

Suzuki Beamish

2011 Nature Rally - Bronze Award
MattW

Post by MattW »

Whoever the new editor is, needs to get hold of production values.

Riddled with typo's including the first paragraph of the page 3 editorial!

And blaming a missing feature on a lost memory stick? Come on...

Return to “ABR MAGAZINE”