Adventure Boots Again

Announcements, comments, moans, praise, suggestions, mags missing in the post etc – if it's to do with Adventure Bike Rider magazine post it up here.
gbags

Adventure Boots Again

Post by gbags »

Adventure boots again? Really?
It was only a year or two back that we had this 'On Test Special'.
Are there really so few freebies and jollies for the mag to test (read Take Home) that they have to do the same test every two years?
Get a grip.
Skyliner

Re: Adventure Boots Again

Post by Skyliner »

I found the article very useful. Ive never bought this style of boot before and am looking for a pair at the moment, as Im new to this style of bike and gear.

A lot of things change in two years.
Nick_2112

Post by Nick_2112 »

Agree with gbags on this one, lots of biker related stuff not tested yet without duplicating so soon.

Off top of head, what about tools, security & locks, layering, battery conditioners, leather jackets, tyres......some may have been done, not sure?
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

2 Years! MCN do the same R1 vs GSXR vs CBR test every month. :laugh: :laugh:

PS moved the topic to the mag section as its not really about cloths. ;)
Ginger

Post by Ginger »

I'm with Skyliner - In two years kit can change and new stuff comes on the market. I've been kicking around in the same Gore-tex Hein Gericke Tuareg boots for 7 years and they needed replacing.

This article was fab for me. I tried the W2 and the Sidi Adventure boots today and decided on the Sidis.

Cant wait to have a ride in them tomorrow!

Great article in my opinion.
Nick_2112

Post by Nick_2112 »

Yeah great article, just there are many bits of kit not tested yet.
nathanthepostman

Post by nathanthepostman »

Feedback always appreciated.

Make a list of stuff not tested/wanted tested and we'll look at it. Some are tricky, such as tyre testing - to get any meaningful results at least - but we'll see what we can do.

I dread saying it now, but bloody adventure helmets in the next issue! (and sleeping bags)
Beepee

Post by Beepee »

Maybe the test can be done again in a couple of months when finally the Lindstrands Fighter boots are available and someone has actually tried them or even seen them !
Selous

Post by Selous »

nathanthepostman wrote:I dread saying it now, but bloody adventure helmets in the next issue! (and sleeping bags)
Good some camping gear, for the traveler mm the new Garage style tent?
as stated some tools security, (im sure other mags) have done these as well.
tbh the only Mag I subscribe to is ABR, I will flick through MCN on Wens or Thurs if im interested I will buy it, I also flick though Rid mag too.

but found most of the bigger mags run certain items at the same time of year, as most are sister mags.

We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go Always a little further: it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow, Across that angry or that glimmering sea.

Artificers Masonic Motorcycle Association

http://www.amma-uk.com
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

nathanthepostman wrote: I dread saying it now, but bloody adventure helmets in the next issue! (and sleeping bags)
New helmets seem to come out every few months, especially if they have "adventure" in their name :lol:

IMO redoing tests on a type of equipment is ok, as long as it's not exactly the same make of items that get tested each time.

Return to “ABR MAGAZINE”