Issue 18 - most interesting and inspiring story for a long time...

Announcements, comments, moans, praise, suggestions, mags missing in the post etc – if it's to do with Adventure Bike Rider magazine post it up here.
siddhartha

Post by siddhartha »

My subscription expired after issue 17 due to a technical issue with paypal.

I noticed on the forum and read with interest the 10+ pages on the Austin Vince article and thought: "what is this all about - have to get the mag".

Issue 18 arrived a few days ago...

Read the AV article and then came across "The Real life of Pi" by Dylan Samarawickrama and thought: "OMG - this man has no fear - how fantastic - when do we get more of this man's story?"

Almost forgot - good to see and read new sub-editor Nathan and his write-ups which are up there also - and very refreshing and nice style of story telling.

You never see a motorcycle outside a psychiatrist's office - unfortunately this is not my own quote.

Tenere XT1200Z / Triumph Thunderbird
Willandkate

Re: Issue 18 - most interesting and inspiring story for a long time...

Post by Willandkate »

+1. Great article and this months issue seems to have a lot more insightful stuff in it. The little fact that Nathan bothered to ask the guy who built the funky Harley how he'd improve the 500cc Honda thing

Nice work team!

Cheers
Our biggest ride - Australia to England

www.wollongongtowoolwich.co.uk
JimboF650

Post by JimboF650 »

His travels make for an excellent read, hope there's going to be a book.
akceller8

Post by akceller8 »

Nathan's bike reviews and ride report were fantastic, I love his insight.

The "improvements" that were suggested for the Honda, although technically good, totally missed the philosophy of the bike and the people who travel on them. He was describing more how to convert it for Dakar rally, plus it would more than double the price of the bike.
Don't stop me now, I'm having such a good time!!
david

Post by david »

Paypal wouldn't renew my sub either?

Nathan's bike reviews and ride report were fantastic. Totally agree. Great bit of work guys.
Willandkate

Post by Willandkate »

akceller8 wrote:Nathan's bike reviews and ride report were fantastic, I love his insight.

The "improvements" that were suggested for the Honda, although technically good, totally missed the philosophy of the bike and the people who travel on them. He was describing more how to convert it for Dakar rally, plus it would more than double the price of the bike.
Yep, agree with that. But the fact that Nathan asked is a breath of fresh air. And then the way he thinks/talks about the difference in 'road presence' is so much more real than just blah blah blah about whether its got an adjustable screen or weights 2kg more than its rival. Intelligent writing, hope it keeps getting better and better.

Would like to see the reality of the tent tests though. Did they ever get set up in a field and slept in? If so, where are the photos? Surely the only way to test a tent is to use it. And 2 pages of comparing roll bags? Really?

Anyway, I reckon overall this months was the best I've read. Here's to the next one eh
Our biggest ride - Australia to England

www.wollongongtowoolwich.co.uk
nathanthepostman

Post by nathanthepostman »

I'm glad someone brought this one up. Have a look at his youtube videos as well, especially the one where the dolphins are actually jumping ahead of the boat. It's so surreal you don't think it could possibly be real, but it is...
Abs1

Post by Abs1 »

Hi guys,

Just to let you know, we have no access to subscribers' PayPal accounts and therefore we have no control over actions taken by PayPal. However, if you have any questions about your subscriptions, you can email me at anytime at [email protected] or call us here at the office on 01789 450 000 and either myself or Mandy will be happy to help you with any queries.

Many thanks.

Abeer (aka Abs1)
ABR Office

Return to “ABR MAGAZINE”