Magazine

Announcements, comments, moans, praise, suggestions, mags missing in the post etc – if it's to do with Adventure Bike Rider magazine post it up here.
Bada bing

Magazine

Post by Bada bing »

Does the digital membership of the magazine work, anyone recommend it ? Thought it might be a good read on the iPad especially the back issues access
Dave DRZ

Re: Magazine

Post by Dave DRZ »

I have the digital subscription - took it out specifically to have access to the back issues.

To be honest, I don't think it's the best; I've tried it on a lap top, iPad, Kindle and most recently on a touch screen lap top, I find it really hard to navigate, it jumps around the page when I just want to scroll down through text... For me it would be far better if it was simply a pdf to view (obviously I understand why it isn't, because you would be able to download it and share). I vaguely remember someone (Alun?) posting that future editions would be in a different format, I do hope so.

Having said all of that, it is great to have access to all the back issues even though I didn't buy them in the first place :) But to be honest, I've skimmed through the contents pages and printed off the articles I want to read.

Dave
Far Off Places; a motorcycle adventure from Manchester to Manali www.faroffplaces.net
midlife

Post by midlife »

Sorry to hi-jack slightly but as the new magazine is available in the shops and subscription already, when will it be available from this site as per usual?
Cheers
Rob
drdaveboy

Post by drdaveboy »

I have the digital subscription although I don't view it on my iPad I find it good on the iMac , read all the back issues and would recommend
DanielS

Post by DanielS »

I'm curious too - When will the latest digital issue be ready?
Peejay

Post by Peejay »

Issue 15 is now up and ready to view.
BMW R1200 GS Adventure

KTM 990 R Adventure

Wheresoever you go. Go with all your heart.
midlife

Post by midlife »

I see that the digital magazine is now available, but i was wondering about the home page where I normally purchase the magazine. It is still showing issue 14.
Billybusa

Post by Billybusa »

You are paying 20 quid for a years subscription therefore you should be able to download and keep for yourself . This works well on the i pad with other magazines i subscribe to and i can download them on other machines ie computer. And i suppose it saves paper and they are yours to keep forever so if you decide you dont want to suscribe anymore at least you have back issues . :-)
Slappyhamguy

Post by Slappyhamguy »

I recently subscribed since having the Mag shipped to Canada is costly.
So far it is a great read but I find it to be a bit of a pain in the posterior to have to be online to read it. Particularly since this is directed at Adventure Bike Riders. As soon as I go away from an internet source, I can't read it. I'd like to be able to download the issues to I Books on my I Pad so I can read each night while out and about.
Old Git Ray

Post by Old Git Ray »

Slappyhamguy wrote:I recently subscribed since having the Mag shipped to Canada is costly.
So far it is a great read but I find it to be a bit of a pain in the posterior to have to be online to read it. Particularly since this is directed at Adventure Bike Riders. As soon as I go away from an internet source, I can't read it. I'd like to be able to download the issues to I Books on my I Pad so I can read each night while out and about.
I asked Alun about this last year for the same reason and he said that he specifically did not want it downloadable so people could pass it on. I personally did not think that would be a problem but it's his site and he makes the rules.
I have to say, I am nomadic and to be able to download it and read it away from an internet source would be useful.

Return to “ABR MAGAZINE”