Soar Y Mynydd closed

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
mechanic

Re: Soar Y Mynydd closed

Post by mechanic »

I’ve seen lack of maintenance cause water erosion just like this many times in the past. 😏
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Good pictures...the antis will be saying that rut was cause by a motorbike..
tempesc

Post by tempesc »

I thought that too, partly why I took the photos. I was there in November and it was ok. Clearly water damage, in a very major way, over a short period.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

that terrible erosion is so so obviously caused by ladies walking their vicious little pootles up and down in the same position, then trying to blame it on those nice massive 4x4s roosting up there in a gentle and caring section 19 manner, and .. water ... water? .. now come ON .. we all know how soft and watery water is. White little dawgs, in particular should be banned from their destructive scurrying up there, as they enjoy themselves too much (a gross criminal offence in the UK), and their international bank accounts should be sanctioned, cause they are too Swift.

Alternatively, their owners could doggedly save up and pay for a very large drainage pipe to follow the water course, (which is followed by the path), with doggy litter sized drain covers at sensible intervals down the slope. All topped off with real Welsh slippy mud for bikers to enjoy theys selves innnit.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

OK .. so I have reported this intelligence to the Fun Police, and they have taken this very seriously and responded immediately, as per usual. When confronted, the individuals, dressed in fluffy fashionable costumes, are reported to have said, they were just up there for the Crack.

This abysmal attitude, coming directly from the abyss, has shocked the police officers involved and they have been taken for counselling at the local council offices, and of course we all wish them a speedy recovery,.. and lots of doughnut time in the future.

"When I heard this irresponsible remark, indicating the depth of frivolity involved, I felt like the earth had opened up and just swallowed me in, " said one party pooping onlooker. "Some people have no concept of just how difficult it is to maintain a high state of misery, out here in this absolutely beautiful countryside, " they continued, "as local illegal bikers and grinning landy drivers are becoming very scarce these days, since the first Crow offensives. "How the Hell are we supposed to gain any sort of vindictive pleasure from reporting them, or have the orgasm of direct confrontation with screaming abuse, like in the good old days," they sobbed, "when biker gangs are obeying the law, and observing voluntary tro's ?" .. then bringing their irresistibly cute puppy-eyed creatures up here for... for Pleasure and enjoyment " they gasped.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

" I was just on my way to chapel," said another bright spark. To which one officer almost swooned with disbelief at the silliness and audacity of the irreverent comment. "Does it look like there is a chapel up here in this rough terrain, in this wilderness" he spluttered. "next thing you will be saying you just came here for the rare wild life and beautiful views." There came a hoarse laugh from several onlookers ..

ImageDSCN5771 by gary boy, on Flickr

fotofit ..
this rogue rabid animal has been asked by police to contact them to help them with their enquiries ..

ImageCute_fluffy_white_pomeranian_dog-1920x1200 by gary boy, on Flickr

.. the public are advised not to approach, for fear of succumbing to extreme cuteness overload.

"We make no bone about," said the spokesman " we believe this is the main perpetrator of causing the mountainside to split apart. The owner is believed to be Australian, and goes by the name 'Digger'."
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

Having just got back from a superb 2 days trail riding with the Mad March Moon crew--based near Llangedwyn and heading south and north west from there--about 8 small groups---I can report that the wash out on some trails is really bad in places--2ft plus drops on one side--and on trails that are too narrow for 4x4 s. Also loads of trees down , and I must admit that on some of the more open hill top trails the 4x4 ruts are so deep that the bike just jams in them .
GFJ1

Post by GFJ1 »

still expected to be closed until Oct'23
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

catcitrus wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:45 pm I must admit that on some of the more open hill top trails the 4x4 ruts are so deep that the bike just jams in them .
This is just the worst!
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”