Landscape Review

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
garyboy

Re: Landscape Review

Post by garyboy »

ok .. so this consultation/proposal seems to apply only to England?
why is that?
will this affect Wales or wot?
I just spent an hour writing my thoughts on an English `problem` while i live in wales lol.
us now, you tomorrow eh?
a lot of us welshies gave up on the trf when they failed to support us on Sarn Helen. which we lost, a very popular trail. now only ridden illegally by the rebellious few.
Sorry .. but isn't it already a forgone conclusion that the National Parks, AOONB, sssi's and the likes are already a no go area for noisy smokey dangerous motorcycles intent on provoking innocent little trail wankers, oops, walkers especially those biker gangs on here with two strokes .. you know why you are .. you bassicles ... (I dont know what it means either, but you know wot i mean lol).
Personally, I know its simply best not to mess with the parks' rangers .. even if that means scoo daddling outta thar fast. lol' ... they are going to get their way, and some of our biking clan are simply not helping with their irresponsible activities sometimes, for which we all get blamed, of course.
Yes.. keep trying for fairness, ... access to the land our fathers and grandfathers died for .. but realise, as most do, that it will take a lot more resources and representation, to get our fair share of the action. In the meantime we can protest and maybe gain a few small concessions .. but the dice are loaded, as we know, and we need some excellent leadership, greater public representation and membership, more involvement and funding and a huge PR drive ... unity and strength and commitment.

take note of Zelenski! ...
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

I might be blowing in the wind but I will keep blowing. I did have another expression but it is Sunday :lol:

We must and I say WE MUST work together to prevent the forgone conclusion reaching its goal. Be sure as you have said the review does not include Scotland nor Wales per se but the knock on effects will. The potential of the "Consultation" will negatively affect all motor sports events and activities. In fact anything with an engine will be fair game for the opposition, as they will not stop at green lane riding.

Personality issues apart, through LARA the national organisations are reaching accord to represent us as a collective unit so I encourage folks to join either GLASS or the TRF as they are the main trail riding sources of experiences and knowledge.

There are guides and videos on this forum for folk to read or watch before completing your response. Please may I ask that we all complete the review either online or as an email irrespective of where we live.

TTFN

Hugh.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

I have completed the questionnaire, with honesty and good suggestions, and have always supported the principles of the trf even when no longer a member. I consider myself to be an exemplary representative of the good trail riding ethos when out, and always try my best to be legal and considerate. (being old and slow helps lol)

It is the leadership part of the 'personalities issues apart' that are causing the trf problems, leading to loss of membership numbers and newcomers.

Tbf, recently in s wales, some new members are trying hard to further the aims and membership of the trf. despite aggressive leadership still remaining (last time I had contact , anyway)

Unity is hard to create and maintain when leading individuals actively strive to clear out certain members or certain bikes which do not personally suit them.
Seminole

Post by Seminole »

Tried TRF for a couple of years, even did a days unpaid work on Roman road and paid my fees.
When it came to calling on the much talked of members support after the Sarn rangers bollox it was no sorry cant help.

I seem to remember an alternative organisation tried to organise but it seemed to be limited to Uop North.
Being realistic I dont think we have the critical mass (AKA Purchasing power) to be heard in this ultra capitalistic land where knobs get paid for the very fact they own private land and us serfs do the payin.

P.S. please give the tories a good kicking next election, its their ethos that keeps this fucked up country the way it is
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Richard Simpson Mark II

Done today...and a vigorous response too.
nigel256f

Post by nigel256f »

Done. What a horribly biased form. Surely a decent lawyer could sue them for blatant discrimination. Just hope I expressed my thoughts well, and more importantly that the receiving party are willing to listen.
I could complain that was a thoroughly horrible experience, but given what is happening in Ukraine seems trivial in comparison.
May justice prevail.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Reading that form, I developed an idea of what 'the vision' is for the national parks...areas accessible mostly only to the rich, where the proles can visit on licence an undertake a limited range of 'approved activities' on certain days of the year.

"In the future, you will own nothing, and you will be happy"
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings folks,

Here is a link to a recent article produced by LARA and the NMC. Please take a minute or two to read it and if you have not already done so then complete the Countryside Landscape Review (perhaps it should be called the Catastrophic Land Ripoff).

https://glass-uk.org/lara-and-nmc-warn- ... 8lTmCDZT8E

TTFN

Hugh.
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

Just had a go at responding--what a load of utterly biased twaddle-and I said so--back to the 1920s and the class divide and NIMBYs--and it closes on the 9th so be quick. My blood pressure gradually rose throughout--it seems that minds have been made up and this is simply a method of "justification" for their decision.

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”