Landscape Review

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
Pint Master

Re: Landscape Review

Post by Pint Master »

johnnyboxer wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:17 pm
garyboy wrote:Ah .. but the future is Electric 8-)

Then the governments of the world can ban all Electic vehicles from our diminishing trails.

Walkers, Spaniel owners, mountain rescue teams, and the landed gentry can have the peace and quiet of the countryside all to themselves. away from all that electrical noise, freeing up our beautiful land to the sound of shotguns, grouse squawking, and maids' knickers being thrown in the air . :lol:
eMTB is the future for vehicular use of trails - not motorcycles
As we speak The Verderers Court of the New Forest are under pressure from Equestrian groups to ban E-Bikes from the New Forest.
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

I understand that a meeting has been held at LARA and so we will probably be receiving guidance fairly soon.

TTFN

Hugh.
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings me again,

I have just received the following details in an email from GLASS;

"Dear member,

The Landscapes Review, published by DEFRA in 2019, aims to advise the government on how National Parks in England and the Broads can be managed.

We share the government’s aim of preserving our network of green lanes for everyone to enjoy, and motoring organisations are keen to work with central and local government and others to achieve this end.

Sadly, anti-access organisations have used the review as an opportunity to mis-represent green laning and trial riding to the government by focusing the public questionnaire towards restrictions on motorised access.

This anti-access rhetoric goes against the report’s inclusive “access for all” message and it is ESSENTIAL that all green laners respond in order to protect our access rights!

It is our belief that public opinion should not be guided by biased and inaccurate information, particularly when those opinions have the potential to shape the future of our hobby.

Without your help to respond to the questionnaire, we will be left at risk of skewed statistics that could work against us in future if new legislation is created.

All members of the Land Access and Recreation Association (LARA) are working hard to provide guidance on the best possible way that we as green laners can respond to this consultation questionnaire.

Those who have already taken the time to look at it will know it is not a simple matter of ticking boxes. We ask that for now, all members wait until a further meeting takes place and full advice is released.

The deadline is 9th April, watch this space for more information and help us to protect your hobby by using upcoming guidance to respond to the questionnaire with maximum impact.

Many thanks for your continued support.

The Green Lane Association
0800 0437844
www.glass-uk.org"

Please keep trying to find supporters who are prepared to uphold a meaningful 'inclusivity' and wait a little longer for the joint guidance before responding.

TTFN

Hugh.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

You can access the LARA advice now via this link

https://laragb.us20.list-manage.com/tra ... 681b7fc140

If anyone struggles with this PM me an email, and I'll forward the document to you.

Thanks

Richard
phil_h

Post by phil_h »

The TRF are promoting this below plus a link to a currently internal document that I am hesitant to share at the mo:

https://www.uknmc.org/news/lara-and-nmc ... ural-roads

Guidance Published
TRF has developed guidance with the National Motorcyclists Council (NMC) and Land Access and Recreation Association (LARA) as to who to respond to the DEFRA consultation concerning a total ban on motor access to green roads, and empowering National Park Authorities to TRO all roads (including black roads) in up to 29% of the countryside.

You are the leading experts on your own trailriding. Nobody knows better than you as to how much you spend on a trailride, what you enjoy about trailriding, how you successfully share the countryside with others, what you do to ride responsibly and sustainably and to lower your impact, how other countryside users react to your presence on green roads, what health and well-being benefits you derive, the conservation work you do, whether you're from a family with many generations of trailriders, what other forms of countryside access you enjoy and how you share the roads with trailriders when you're not trailriding.

Your individual expertise in your own trailriding is unsurpassable and most valuable to the consultation exercise. Nobody knows that stuff better than you.

We ask that you leave the complex technical arguments to the TRF and other pro-public access organisations to make, who have the leading technical experts and most up-to-date evidence to do so.
2021 890 Adventure R
1982 R80 G/S with Siebenrock
2020 500 Excf Rally Bike
2020 500 Excf Trail Bike
1957 Velocette 500 Scrambler
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Some coverage in RUST (ghost of TBM) here

https://rustsports.com/uk-trail-riding-under-threat/
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

Today I emailed my response to the 'Questionnaire" as the online questions are too biased.

May I ask all riders to send a basic, polite and factual response to;

[email protected]

TTFN

Hugh.
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

Here is link to show just how much DEFRA really does care about the countryside :roll:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-60579670

TTFN

Hugh.
nheasman

Post by nheasman »

The details of how best to respond are now out. Please please all take the time to respond to the survey or send an email. Details in the link below.

https://trf.us1.list-manage.com/track/c ... 3a56f907ec
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

I am surprised that no-one has mentioned that government 2026 proposed law to illegalise footpaths not registered by that date?
It has been put on hold following public protest. .. for open land access or something.
Or is that a completely different thing?

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”