No comment required

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
DavidS

Re: No comment required

Post by DavidS »

Morons.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

Small news, had it been a trail rider it would have been all over the front page :(
one-legged adventurer
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

...ain't that the truth...

like the trail riders who allegedly held down one of the anti's butlers, while another one rode over him...in an often told fictitious story.
Elmer J Fudd

Post by Elmer J Fudd »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:05 pm ...ain't that the truth...

like the trail riders who allegedly held down one of the anti's butlers, while another one rode over him...in an often told fictitious story.
That reminded me of a true story that got completely out of hand when it was retold.

While at college, we went on a weekend ski trip to Aviemore. As usual, we got pissed and decided that one of the group had to go in a cold bath as he was being a prat (in reality just pissed).

The bath was run and the guy jumped and dragged into the bathroom with one person at each limb (I had a leg), as he was dropped in he managed to get an arm free and grab a water pipe leading to the wash basin, pulling it out....Water everywhere and no stopcock. The room was flooded as was the one below and it took quite a time to get the water turned off. Great fun. There was a whip round at breakfast until we paid for the damage.

Anyway back at college, and a few quid lighter, the story had turned into a room trashing of epic proportions (think Keith Moon) including a TV out of the window, "free love" on the bed and an assortment of drugs being consumed, none of which was true.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Elmer J Fudd wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:51 pm
Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:05 pm ...ain't that the truth...

That reminded me of a true story that got completely out of hand when it was retold.

While at college, we went on a weekend ski trip to Aviemore. As usual, we got pissed and decided that one of the group had to go in a cold bath as he was being a prat (in reality just pissed).

The bath was run and the guy jumped and dragged into the bathroom with one person at each limb (I had a leg), as he was dropped in he managed to get an arm free and grab a water pipe leading to the wash basin, pulling it out....Water everywhere and no stopcock. The room was flooded as was the one below and it took quite a time to get the water turned off. Great fun. There was a whip round at breakfast until we paid for the damage.

Anyway back at college, and a few quid lighter, the story had turned into a room trashing of epic proportions (think Keith Moon) including a TV out of the window, "free love" on the bed and an assortment of drugs being consumed, none of which was true.
I reckon it's all true. You just left out the rolls-royce you drove into the swimming pool.

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”