New Lane, Millers Dale, Derbyshire, BOAT Claim.

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
Hugh

New Lane, Millers Dale, Derbyshire, BOAT Claim.

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

I thought that you might be interested in the latest development within the Peak District. The message below is copied from this month's GLASS bulletin.

"Derbyshire

New Lane (TW2 ID SK1372-06) is an adopted highway (aka UCR) that runs northwest from Priestcliffe to join Long Lane just before the B6049 south of Millers Dale.

Back in 2004 a motor cyclist submitted a Definitive Map Modification Order (DMMO) request to Derbyshire County Council (DCC), requesting that this route should be added to the Definitive Map as a Byway Open To All Traffic (BOAT). The claim was submitted before the NERC Act took effect, so BOAT status may still succeed, despite the effects of NERC, if the evidence of preexisting public carriageway rights is sufficiently persuasive.

Now (16 years later), DCC have notified user groups that they are investigating the route with a view to determining its status. If you happen to see notices at each end of the lane posted by DCC, this is why they are there. GLASS are currently gathering and examining copies of the available evidence, and will submit a response to DCC in due course. It may be necessary to submit user evidence to DCC to cover the 20 year period before the claim (ie. 1984 to 2004), so if you or anyone you know have driven/ridden the route during those years, please contact me at [email protected]

Chris Mitchell, Derbyshire Rep."

TTFN

Hugh.
Hugh

Re: New Lane, Millers Dale, Derbyshire, BOAT Claim.

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

I have attached a blank copy of DCC's PDF User Evidence Form plus their relevant map.

If you have driven/ridden this route pre 2004, then please download and complete the forms, saving a master copy for your records, don't forget to highlight colour your route on to the map plus sign and date it too. Perhaps you may know of somebody else who rode the route but has now ceased to be active, if so please get them to record their use too.

Just so that our Team can correlate the submissions into a single batch please send your documents not to DCC but to;

[email protected]

TTFN

Hugh.
dmmo-user-evidence-form.pdf
(101.06 KiB) Downloaded 117 times
ClaimforaBOAT-ref_22540.pdf
(310.6 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

Update, is that GLASS has secured an extension for completed forms to be submitted up to 20th March. However, don't hang about until the last moment.

This message is just to remind folks that if you rode this route pre 1984 then we need your User Evidence Form plus map if we are to have a chance of saving this route.

Please, so that we can correlate the submissions would you send your signed and dated completed forms direct to;

[email protected]

TTFN

Hugh.
Stebbelaner

Post by Stebbelaner »

Done (via a link sent directly to me from GLASS) but only user evidence since 2005 :|
I hope it's still considered though.
Paul_C

Post by Paul_C »

Similar from me. Hopefully every little bit helps. I imagine that the TRF are coordinating something similar too.
Just along for the ride.
Husqvarna 901 Norden. Husqvarna 701 Enduro. Moto Guzzi LeMans II.
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

The original closing date was set for today but I can confirm to you that GLASS obtained an extension.

Thank you to Stebbelaner and Paul, plus all those who have already sent in their completed UEFs, but more would be a great help;

[email protected]

TTFN

Hugh.
together.jpeg
together.jpeg (26.1 KiB) Viewed 2713 times
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

There is little time left but for those folk who are self isolating here is a small job for you to do rather than just looking out of the window.

We could still do with some more UEFs for New Lane, Priestcliffe, Taddington. The extension period for submission is this coming Friday (20th) so if you have ridden the lane or know somebody who has then let's have your completed forms and maps.

Photos/videos are always useful too.

Thank you to those who have already sent us their evidence, everybody else overload our mailbox - please send to;

[email protected]

TTFN

Hugh.
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

[email protected]
too_late.jpg
too_late.jpg (47.83 KiB) Viewed 2556 times

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”