Callow Bank, Hathersage.

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
Hugh

Callow Bank, Hathersage.

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

I am the messenger of bad news I'm afraid.

Today I received notice from PINS that we lost future use of Callow Bank above Hathersage, it will become a Bridleway.

I need to say that in my view unless we get more User Evidence support many other routes may well go the same way as DCC makes its way through the outstanding DMMO claims.

Edited original message by adding the Order Decision, sorry I had n't realised I could add the file to the Post.

TTFN

Hugh.
row_3211588_Order Decision.pdf
(167.69 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
Richard Simpson Mark II

Re: Callow Bank, Hathersage.

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Well, we can't blame the TRF, because they didn't turn up!

If only they'd engaged a local, knowledgable, person well versed in these matters to give evidence on their behalf.
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:43 am Well, we can't blame the TRF, because they didn't turn up!

If only they'd engaged a local, knowledgable, person well versed in these matters to give evidence on their behalf.

That would've required Kerfuffle & the other publicity seeking Director to swallow their egos - and that is never going to happen.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Crossrutted wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:30 am
Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:43 am Well, we can't blame the TRF, because they didn't turn up!

That would've required Kerfuffle & the other publicity seeking Director to swallow their egos - and that is never going to happen.

You might thinks so, you might very well think so. But I couldn't possibly comment.
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Oh go on Richard.

I recently Joined Glass, they seem to be a bit more human at the top, the TRF management just used to pee me off with their we know best attitude and fixation with Corporate image.

Hugh, you were a great loss to them
Its a trick............get an Axe
Richard Simpson Mark II

Asgard wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:44 pm Oh go on Richard.

I recently Joined Glass, they seem to be a bit more human at the top, the TRF management just used to pee me off with their we know best attitude and fixation with Corporate image.

Hugh, you were a great loss to them

Ain't that the truth...I'm deliberating between GLASS and the Trail Riders Association, but I've got other things to do with the rest of the year...
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

Sorry, I made an error in my report back to you. Callow Bank will be shown as a FOOTPATH not as I previously recorded.

Not only are we prevented from using the route but so are the mountain bikers. I can not feel any empathy for the horse riders since they are the most active in trying to block motorised users.

Whilst re-reading the Order Decision I had to smile to the comment about width, " It is acknowledged that the width at the narrowest point is only 1.6m and this is not sufficient to allow two equestrians to pass". After motorcycling the route since the early 1970s I have never seen a single horse on the route (that doesn't mean that they didn't only that I didn't see them), but it does highlight how the horse riders can not even share between themselves. After you, no you should n't be here blocking my route and I can't reverse !!!!!

Slowly then the Ramblers, currently hiding behind PHP, are getting their way to prevent all but bipedal creatures from using the countryside, look out for the return of wallabies to the Peak District :lol:

TTFN

Hugh.

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”