BBC Countryfile Autumn Diaries - or just more inaccuracies.

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
Hugh

Re: BBC Countryfile Autumn Diaries - or just more inaccuracies.

Post by Hugh »

Greetings, the anti fun people might well win more routes from us but not without a fight!

We need more folks to complain, that should take up their resources and perhaps they might come to GLASS and the TRF before making such dire and inaccurate programs.

TTFN
Hugh
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

But weren’t the TRF involved in the original Peak District programme and then got shafted by them and the dangerous batty woman?
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:09 pm It's what's called a 'boilerplate' response.

My experience of dealing with the BBC TV current affairs in matters other than motorcycling is that they pick an agenda, then seek supporting evidence. The conclusion of the programme is the first part of the script to be written.

I would have to agree completely and wholly with this view.... Sadly. :(

Witness the pushing of the extremist Vegan Agenda almost daily on the BBC...

Arguments used by the proponents within the BBC lobby recently have been some rather dodgy assertions that beef cattle are leading to climate change, which is in itself nowhere near as cut and dried, black and white as the "we are doomed" lobby seems to believe.

The recent anti Meat program was hugely slanted and disengenuous in it's "evidence" to slate meat production... Beef production in the UK is completely and utterly diffferent to that in South America and US feedlots! But that would not fit the agenda... Twats!

And as for the raising to the sainthood of St Greta..... :shock:
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Exactly...here in Cornwall, I am literally surrounded by dairy and sheep farms. And for very good reason. The soil here is a plough-destroying mixture of clay and rock. Even banging in fenceposts is difficult. You can't grow much here other than grass. What the hell else are farmers supposed to do with it?
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

They will be expected to put up acres of glasshouses I suppose. :roll:
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
Richard Simpson Mark II

I think they are supposed to 'rewild' it...plant thistles, docks and brambles...just what the tourists want to see. And no cream to put on their scones, no meat in their pasties, because of global warming, innit?
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

Richard you forgot about re-introducing wild boar, eagles, wolves, badgers, foxes plus all those lovely old time illnesses we all used to suffer :evil:

On a more serious note, I will let you know the response I get from my letter to the BBC when I receive it.

TTFN

Hugh.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Yes and we must live one family to a room in little cottages, sleep on lice-infested straw mattresses, and have a child dying of rickets by the hearth (but we can't light a fire because it might upset Greta).
There was a surreal debate on Radio 4 earlier, where they were saying we must take land out of food production here in the the UK because food production was causing global warming, which would cause starvation..."Now team, let's try to square that circle," as perhaps some people still say in management.
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:11 pm Yes and we must live one family to a room in little cottages, sleep on lice-infested straw mattresses, and have a child dying of rickets by the hearth (but we can't light a fire because it might upset Greta).
There was a surreal debate on Radio 4 earlier, where they were saying we must take land out of food production here in the the UK because food production was causing global warming, which would cause starvation..."Now team, let's try to square that circle," as perhaps some people still say in management.
The cunning plan is that all of "naughtiness" will not take place in the dear old UK...

Food? We'll import from the dear old US.
Energy? It'll come from Russia.
Waste? Well, we'll send it all to the 3rd World for disposal.

Then all the righteous luvvies can sleep safe and happy in their beds all night... Very little of the ecobollox really stacks up once you start to look closely at their plans. Your point about food production is a perfect example... :?
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:52 am Exactly...here in Cornwall, I am literally surrounded by dairy and sheep farms. And for very good reason. The soil here is a plough-destroying mixture of clay and rock. Even banging in fenceposts is difficult. You can't grow much here other than grass. What the hell else are farmers supposed to do with it?
Same can be said for most of mid Wales and the Uplands of Scotland... The very good reason the production of low input, low impact meat production has gone on for centuries...

Buyt what do we know...

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”