Big Bike Enduro type tracks?

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
HoboBeemer

Big Bike Enduro type tracks?

Post by HoboBeemer »

Morning all...

Quick question,

Anyone know of any big bike friendly enduro/Rally type track?, basically I have been on pavement for most of the summer and I am planning on doing a few Road Book type events in 2020 and really need to give the bike a good leg stretch off road, also a pal of mine has just bought a Vstrom 650 XT and fancies having a go in the muddy stuff so would like to get off road in a controlled environment.

I have personally done a few off road courses over the years so not really looking for any training type days, more of a pay and play option if such location exists. (I will be recommending my mate gets some formal training first however)

Failing that if anyone has a GPX route that covers wider type fire roads that is a decent length or loop I would be very interested. I am based in the South East so obviously expect a decent distance to any location, I am thinking somewhere in Wales possibly?.
Cone

Re: Big Bike Enduro type tracks?

Post by Cone »

I did one this week on my 701 at Wickwar. It was great fun but as it was torrential rain it turned in to a quagmire.

Go for it great fun
MHsnowy

Post by MHsnowy »

Go to the Rallymoto site.
They do big bike friendly roadblock stuff.
dibbs

Post by dibbs »

Why don't you come along to this Norfolk and Essex end of summer rally big bike offroad ride-out. I've done the off road route on the Africa Twin so it can be done on big bikes but off road tyres are a must!
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

Salisbury plain is good if it's not too far for you.
And there's plenty of gpx routes dotted around in various threads on the forum
HoboBeemer

Post by HoboBeemer »

dibbs wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:29 am Why don't you come along to this Norfolk and Essex end of summer rally big bike offroad ride-out. I've done the off road route on the Africa Twin so it can be done on big bikes but off road tyres are a must!

I had this marked down on the calendar as "possible" and I may still make it... Basically I finished doing a Clutch change on Sunday and currently just awaiting a rear Mitas E10 as currently I have Metzeler Tourance's fitted which are fine for the really hard packed stony trails but certainly would noy venture out with the standing water and semi sodden single track I have around here..

If I get the tyre delivered tomorrow, (Cheeky day off) I may make the offroad ride Saturday..
HoboBeemer

Post by HoboBeemer »

MHsnowy wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:07 am Go to the Rallymoto site.
They do big bike friendly roadblock stuff.
Yeah I really fancy some of their events, they look to be really well run and the overall idea appeals, I envisage doing a few in 2020, but would like to get out on a few wider trails to get myself back up to speed offroad, all my green lanes here in Essex tend to fairly tight and twisty, not really any forest type tracks that go for miles which I would like to get out on if nothing more than to get the legs ready for the mileage you cover on the RallyMoto events..
HoboBeemer

Post by HoboBeemer »

zimtim wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:00 pm Salisbury plain is good if it's not too far for you.
And there's plenty of gpx routes dotted around in various threads on the forum
I totally forgot about the plain, it has been well over 10 years since I was there last, any ideas on a good loop or route?,
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

I'd be wary about following someone else's route, because the MoD can and will close roads at random, plus what was very easy in the summer can be a real struggle when wet (chalk).

Your first step is here https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ring-times to establish what's closed and when.

then sort your route out on this map

https://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/shop/l ... plain.html

Routes in Wiltshire generally are very easy to find on the ground...must have the clearest and most accurate signage in England.

If you do get lost, taking the most major road at every junction should eventually get you to the Perimeter Road...providing you don't run into a closure.

There's a good resource here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... een-laning too.
Teflon Jnr

Post by Teflon Jnr »

I would like to do some lanes etc.on my 990 adv I've had motocross bikes when I was younger but would like to explore more on the big girl I've recently fitted the new Pirelli str rally tyres and fancy some hardback lanes first anyone know any easy ones around tameside and surrounding areas
Jesus rides a Harley and the devil wears prada

🇩🇪 🇧🇪 🇬🇧 🇮🇪 🇫🇷 🇮🇲 🇱🇺

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”