SURVEY

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
2 Yams

Re: SURVEY

Post by 2 Yams »

ggp59 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:45 am
2 Yams wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:11 pm
ggp59 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:21 pm Would it be cynical to wonder if all they're doing with surveys like this is collecting the data to prove people interested in anything motorcycle related are a comparativly small a group, so don't justify any investment!
If motorcyclists can't be bothered to keep the authorities informed they are taking part in activities by taking a few minutes to respond to surveys etc. then they should not whinge or complain when the inevitable happens and we loose the unsurfaced road system forever.

Just my opinion........others may have a different view :(

2 Yams
No, not what I meant
I think you're all right to fill it in, just think the people with any power in the National Parks would much prefer we didn't exist at all, and can't see them improving access for us just because we tell them we think it's poor and - getting worse!!
I am just drawing attention to the apparent apathy that exists [and has done so for a long time] within the trail riding community, and in my opinion the leadership by the current TRF directors [more a business venture and secret society, keeping members poorly informed etc.] does little to help matters.

2 Yams
DaveCon

Post by DaveCon »

ggp59 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:21 pm Would it be cynical to wonder if all they're doing with surveys like this is collecting the data to prove people interested in anything motorcycle related are a comparativly small a group, so don't justify any investment!
I was thinking exactly the same thing. I think the vast majority of people filling out the questionnaire will be walkers/ramblers because there are simply more of them. When it comes to emotive terms like "quiet" and "tranquil" and "reduced speed limit" they are bound to pick them which puts us in the firing line. Our opinions are going to be swamped.

Anyway I mentioned "Fewer areas reserved for the exclusive access of walkers/ramblers" as an improvement :lol:
2 Yams

Post by 2 Yams »

Thanks to those who have completed the survey.......we do need to inform the authorities we exist.

On the other hand, if we are not too conspicuous when we ride unsurfaced roads, there is less chance of an adverse reaction ;)

2 Yams
HoboBeemer

Post by HoboBeemer »

I have filled the survey in and also posted the link to a few pals that will show interest.

Also thanks for the PM..

Regards
Shidosan

Post by Shidosan »

Completed ...
I mentioned animosity from other park users towards motorcycles.
It will be alright in the end.... if it's not alright.. it's not the end !
dubber68

Post by dubber68 »

Completed along with the feeling unwelcome sentiment.
I work to live. I live to ride. I ride to work, Ever felt like your going in circles.

Yamaha XT1200Z, Sertao, Herald 250, Xcountry & Vanvan

[IMG]http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj4 ... POINTS.jpg[/IMG
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

HoboBeemer

Post by HoboBeemer »

Increasing footfall whilst also maintaining and expanding the environment will be a tough one, as will having "Rangers" as currently their is a massive black hole in Policing, not to mention the Police exodus that is happening right now. Fairly certain that will take precedence. Unless they somehow give Rangers the powers to be able to issue on the spot PCN's to people that do not follow the Bylaws making them Ranger/PCSO's?, that way they will be source of income and certainly somewhere I would have zero interest in visiting as I am not a ATM machine for local authorities...

Also making comparisons to the USA is simply silly, people in the US tend to be far more easier going, never have I come across the "get orff my land types" that are behind every tree here regardless if you are legally allowed to be there plus they have how many more square miles of land compared to our tiny over crowded island?, you can ride off road for days in the South West US and never see anyone..

Personally unless they have a land reform that gives access similar to Scotland I see little changing, people are coming from all over the world to drive the NC500, this has meant valuable income for local businesses.
2 Yams

Post by 2 Yams »

This post jogged my memory and after a bit of searching I found this relating to the late Brian Thompson doing a report for government on US trail riding:-

In 1985, thanks to the Churchill Trust, Brian was sent on a fact-finding tour of the USA looking at the trail riding facilities that President Nixon had established by ordering the individual states to set up dedicated areas open to off-road vehicles. Sadly his report to Parliament on how we might make similar provision in this country came to nothing.

2 Yams
oldroadrider

Post by oldroadrider »

Done......But you do get the idea its asking for certain answers...…………..

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”