trf

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
DavidS

Re: trf

Post by DavidS »

Pint Master wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:22 pm The TRF would function better if the national forum were reinstated rather than the message board which replaced it which seems to only get a couple of posts a day .
🐖🐖🐖🐖
The message board is worse than facebook and they won’t let me on there unless I have a lecture...stuff that.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
Pint Master

Post by Pint Master »

DavidS wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:35 pm
Pint Master wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:22 pm The TRF would function better if the national forum were reinstated rather than the message board which replaced it which seems to only get a couple of posts a day .
🐖🐖🐖🐖
The message board is worse than facebook and they won’t let me on there unless I have a lecture...stuff that.
Im sure most of us are grateful for the efforts and hard work put in by the officers and directors of the TRF its a shame that they can't be a bit more robust when it comes to any criticism or discussion of their methods and objectives , which is why the forum ceased to be.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Asgard wrote:What group is that Johnny? and where is it based?
Teesside & North Yorkshire
Cover the Dales and North Yorkshire Moors
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

DavidS wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:20 am
Too much fragmentation and loss of the original forum because certain directors didn’t like it were detrimental in my humble opinion.
Divide and Rule is the strategy. No discussion outside the "Party Line".

The active local clubs remain the heart & soul of the TRF despite "National's" worst efforts.
petecam

Post by petecam »

Absolutely agree.

The old forum was brilliant and much more than ride outs, lots of bike and kit reviews/chat. Its replacement was not fit for purpose. At the moment I have let my membership lapse, I'm not keen on large ride out groups, I also tend to like learning routes so I can lead so I dont really need the TRF for that.

But....... I am aware by not being a member my money is not going into the fighting fund. However the comments on here and elsewhere concern me regarding the current TRF hierarchy.
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings Pete,

Quite a few TRF members have joined GLASS, that way their membership fees help to try and protect our collective rights of way and at the same time you get access to the excellent Trailwise2 facility.

I have found that by joining GLASS and being a member of this community I get all of the benefits that were available with the 'old' TRF. Personal view and may not suit others.

TTFN

Hugh.
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Hugh, how would you rate trailwise 2 compared to the original?
I found the old one was useful but most of the info was very out of date
Its a trick............get an Axe
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

There is supposed to be a TRF dedicated interactive ROW map that is kept up to date coming up but, like everything else, nothing seems to have happened recently.
All I get is PR stuff, nothing useful.
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

personally I use the 1:50,000 landranger, OS maps .. and if they say BOAT .. I rows 'em .. but I check first on the 1:25,000 OS map.
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

Round here they would throw away the key.
I wouldn’t trust OS maps as far as I could fold them. So many years out of date we need to check our ROW map (which is out of date) and then the permanent and temporary TRO list.
East Sussex are good to us and try and keep what we have, open all year but that means an almost blanket winter 4x4 ban as they don’t mix with wet clay and everything gets trashed.
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”