Hereford Hospice Trail 2019

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
johnnyboxer

Re: Hereford Hospice Trail 2019

Post by johnnyboxer »

boboneleg wrote:
johnnyboxer wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 7:11 am
Non TRF riders don't help with much conservation - they just ride them until closed
Sorry Johnny but that's bolllox. I am not a TRF member and yet I research lanes, report blockages to highway authorities, remove obstacles and have even helped a farmer get some stray cattle back into a field when I was on my way to work (via a green lane).

There are plenty more like me and frankly It's that sort of attitude that puts some people off joining the TRF

I was meaning legal aspects Image
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

zimtim wrote:
Stewie wrote:Why TRF only? surely it would be a good way to get new members, what do you class as a small enduro bike?
Non TRF riders don't help with much conservation - they just ride them until closed
Comments like that only go confirm my opinion of the TRF.

The TRF is not the be all and end all of trail riding.
Pretty large part though Image

With money we don't have

Cone

Post by Cone »

I’d love to come, live in Monmouth, but have a 701 and not a member of the TRF for this very reason.

Only small enduro bikes please and not interested inallowing anyone who won’t pay up!

No thanks I’ll just go out on my own.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

large groups? for rideouts? .. most I see advertised, in wales anyway, have around 10 riders max .. what a stupid attitude, if you want to promote trail riding in the UK. !! … ever thought of split groups?.. or several routes? … such limited thinking.

my point has always been .. if these are legal roads, they should be treated as such, especially by an official trail riding body!

I dont remember seeing any car limits on motorways or other highways??
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

having said that … it would be nice to be able to participate in a proper riding group, again … but leadership issues need to be resolved, and a proper democratic forum established.
Fried Egg Sandwich

Post by Fried Egg Sandwich »

garyboy wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 1:36 pm having said that … it would be nice to be able to participate in a proper riding group, again … but leadership issues need to be resolved, and a proper democratic forum established.
You want to solve your perceived leadership issues?
Join up and make your issues known, gain sufficient support and make your leadership challenge.
The only stipulation is that you are a member - naturally.

You have to be a member to change things in an organisation.

Could you imagine a none Tory member throwing their hat in the ring to be the new PM now that Teresa May has tendered her resignation?

Membership is everything if you want to change an organisation's direction....
Suzuki DRZ400S
BMW R1150GS
Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797)
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Fried Egg Sandwich wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 1:59 pm
garyboy wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 1:36 pm having said that … it would be nice to be able to participate in a proper riding group, again … but leadership issues need to be resolved, and a proper democratic forum established.
You want to solve your perceived leadership issues?
Join up and make your issues known, gain sufficient support and make your leadership challenge.
The only stipulation is that you are a member - naturally.

You have to be a member to change things in an organisation.

Could you imagine a none Tory member throwing their hat in the ring to be the new PM now that Teresa May has tendered her resignation?

Membership is everything if you want to change an organisation's direction....

good point

perhaps I should think on it?
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

Wonderful and honourable aspiration is Democracy :idea:

TTFN

Hugh.
Teflon Jnr

Post by Teflon Jnr »

Stewie wrote:Why TRF only? surely it would be a good way to get new members, what do you class as a small enduro bike?
Sub 500cc I guess
TRF have many weekend events for their members - our group does 4 weekends
Attracts many to join as it is a popular way of seeing different parts of the uk and it helps generate revenue to swell funds for green lane conservation
Absolute bollocks and sub 500cc is restricting a vast majority of riders who enjoy and respect the conservation from what I've seen in this thread and others is please give us your money.we won't do fuck all for you and if you ride bigger bikes and arnt members you can fuck off more but if you do ride bigger bikes please be stupid enough to hand over your hard earned for nothing.i was very interested when I bought my 990 adv 12 months ago in green laning etc tried to contact my local trf and i might aswell have thrown my email at the wall as they were very abrupt and condescending its quite funny when i see them at the esso near my house and i pull up with them trying to start a conversation I just laugh and ride on its a money making exercise in my opinion
Jesus rides a Harley and the devil wears prada

🇩🇪 🇧🇪 🇬🇧 🇮🇪 🇫🇷 🇮🇲 🇱🇺
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Teflon Jnr wrote:
Sub 500cc I guess
TRF have many weekend events for their members - our group does 4 weekends
Attracts many to join as it is a popular way of seeing different parts of the uk and it helps generate revenue to swell funds for green lane conservation
Absolute bollocks and sub 500cc is restricting a vast majority of riders who enjoy and respect the conservation from what I've seen in this thread and others is please give us your money.we won't do fuck all for you and if you ride bigger bikes and arnt members you can fuck off more but if you do ride bigger bikes please be stupid enough to hand over your hard earned for nothing.i was very interested when I bought my 990 adv 12 months ago in green laning etc tried to contact my local trf and i might aswell have thrown my email at the wall as they were very abrupt and condescending its quite funny when i see them at the esso near my house and i pull up with them trying to start a conversation I just laugh and ride on its a money making exercise in my opinion
I disagree Image

With money we don't have

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”