Hereford Hospice Trail 2019

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
GraySWTRF

Post by GraySWTRF »

Our 3rd Enduro trail bike weekend goes ahead on September 14/15th.
TRF members only
Small road legal enduro and trail bikes only,sorry no big adventure bikes.
Part of the proceeds is donated to St Michaels Hospice in Hereford which last year was just over £1800
If you fancy a weekend of trails and a live band then please sign up with the online form.

https://Youtu.be/-A7U70yWL0Y
Stewie

Re: Hereford Hospice Trail 2019

Post by Stewie »

Why TRF only? surely it would be a good way to get new members, what do you class as a small enduro bike?
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Stewie wrote:Why TRF only? surely it would be a good way to get new members, what do you class as a small enduro bike?
Sub 500cc I guess
TRF have many weekend events for their members - our group does 4 weekends
Attracts many to join as it is a popular way of seeing different parts of the uk and it helps generate revenue to swell funds for green lane conservation
Non TRF riders don't help with much conservation - they just ride them until closed
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

If TRF only then why not advertise this on the TRF forum rather than on the ABR forum.
I wouldn't go on another forum and advertise for Rideout for only ABR members.
Fried Egg Sandwich

Post by Fried Egg Sandwich »

zimtim wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 7:19 am If TRF only then why not advertise this on the TRF forum rather than on the ABR forum.
Because we don't all look on the TRF Trail "forum" for every event we go to, and many of us are TRF members anyway.

ABR and the TRF have a very good relationship.

Come along to the ABR festival and see for yourself.

The TRF volunteers are leading the green lane ride outs for you. You don't have to be a member to come on these.

As with any club, membership has it's benefits, forums are a good place to publicise them to non members who may want to know more.
Suzuki DRZ400S
BMW R1150GS
Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797)
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

johnnyboxer wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 7:11 am
Non TRF riders don't help with much conservation - they just ride them until closed
Sorry Johnny but that's bolllox. I am not a TRF member and yet I research lanes, report blockages to highway authorities, remove obstacles and have even helped a farmer get some stray cattle back into a field when I was on my way to work (via a green lane).

There are plenty more like me and frankly It's that sort of attitude that puts some people off joining the TRF
one-legged adventurer
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

Sorry about the hijack Gray, best of luck with the event :)
one-legged adventurer
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

Fried Egg Sandwich wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 9:16 am
zimtim wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 7:19 am If TRF only then why not advertise this on the TRF forum rather than on the ABR forum.
Because we don't all look on the TRF Trail "forum" for every event we go to, and many of us are TRF members anyway.

ABR and the TRF have a very good relationship.

Come along to the ABR festival and see for yourself.

The TRF volunteers are leading the green lane ride outs for you. You don't have to be a member to come on these.

As with any club, membership has it's benefits, forums are a good place to publicise them to non members who may want to know more.
Could it be that you don't all go and check on the TRF forum because it is still down, due on believe to all the in fighting.

I don't do festivals and as for some of the TRF Rideout's I have come across far too large a group for my liking.
Just my opinion and experience.

Also when I first got back into trail riding a few years back I contacted my local TRF group (Southampton Hants) and I told over the phone that my then bike XTZ 750 was far too big to take part in any of their rideouts. But I was more than welcome to come along pay my membership fees and even come.and help them clear lanes.

Sorry but once bitten twice shy.
So please don't try and tell what a wonderful organisation the TRF is. Experience tells me different
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

johnnyboxer wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 7:11 am
Stewie wrote:Why TRF only? surely it would be a good way to get new members, what do you class as a small enduro bike?
Comments like that only go confirm my opinion of the TRF.

The TRF is not the be all and end all of trail riding.
Fried Egg Sandwich

Post by Fried Egg Sandwich »

zimtim wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 9:40 am Could it be that you don't all go and check on the TRF forum because it is still down, due on believe to all the in fighting.
https://trail.trf.org.uk/events/
zimtim wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 9:40 am I don't do festivals and as for some of the TRF Rideout's I have come across far too large a group for my liking.
Just my opinion and experience.
I do the odd festival and I do agree with you about large group sizes. Alun has addressed this by engaging the TRF volunteers to organise and lead the ride outs. You won't see 50 bikes in one group on the lanes at the ABR festival now
zimtim wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 9:40 am Also when I first got back into trail riding a few years back I contacted my local TRF group (Southampton Hants) and I told over the phone that my then bike XTZ 750 was far too big to take part in any of their rideouts. But I was more than welcome to come along pay my membership fees and even come.and help them clear lanes.
Times change, it would appear from your post that your opinion doesn't change with them - it's a pity that you will miss out on some good big bike runs. Some members of my local TRF group are on 990s and AT's and 701's etc.
Suzuki DRZ400S
BMW R1150GS
Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797)

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”