GS1200ADV Friendly trails across the plains

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
petecam

Re: GS1200ADV Friendly trails across the plains

Post by petecam »

I checked this route last night it is very rutted in parts and I advise you to avoid on your GS.
More experienced riders only

Sorry there are plenty of alternative routes on this forum you just need to search for them
Hi Sorry which bit were you referring to exactly?

I am pretty experienced but I will be on my own and don't want any stress so I will take it easy. Im happy just to stick to the gravel roads and recce the area for later in the year when I might return with a group.

Thanks Pete
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

The northern loop basically would be off limits, rutted with big step up and a slippery ass hill.

https://adventurebikerider.com/forum/vi ... y&start=40
On following page of that last link I sent are two more suitable routes
Gpx 45
And
Gpx 10
We did these and they were fine if a bit muddy.
Nearly all the bad bits can easily be ridden around
Did Herman send you a file??
petecam

Post by petecam »

zimtim wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:50 pm The northern loop basically would be off limits, rutted with big step up and a slippery ass hill.
Gpx 45
And
Gpx 10
We did these and they were fine if a bit muddy.
Nearly all the bad bits can easily be ridden around
Sorted...thanks mate. If you are ever East and want Thetford forest routes let me know so I can return the favour!
petecam

Post by petecam »

Hello

Just dragging this up again. I have to travel down this direction soon. How are the lanes looking on the plains? Would like to do a couple of really easy ones on the GS to get from east to west.

cheers
Pete
dibbs

Post by dibbs »

petecam wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 10:59 am Hello

Just dragging this up again. I have to travel down this direction soon. How are the lanes looking on the plains? Would like to do a couple of really easy ones on the GS to get from east to west.

cheers
Pete
hi pete
Having seen you ride I think you are more than capable of riding a few of the more interesting lanes on the plain! have a good time and don't forget to let us know how you got on, and if you can tap up Tramp (Russ) to guide you around you'll be right :D
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

It's very dry and hard with the odd mud puddle... But check for millitay manovers also some of the byways are closed mainly the stone henge links and any near farms or livestock... Some of the trails are rock hard so if you fall off it will hurt.

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”