Gatescarth Pass

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
Shidosan

Gatescarth Pass

Post by Shidosan »

Hi all
Has anyone booked on for Gatescarth Pass next weekend because
I have and I will need some morale and technical guidance ...
Cheers
It will be alright in the end.... if it's not alright.. it's not the end !
Mike54

Re: Gatescarth Pass

Post by Mike54 »

They don't usually allow single bookings if that's what you've done? I wouldn't worry though, it's not hard. Best direction is from Haweswater to Long Sleddle
Shidosan

Post by Shidosan »

Hi Mike
I have booked myself and a mate on for the day, I have watched the youtube videos and agree the best (easiest) way is as you say but we will need to do the return journey to the trailer.... or go the long way round.
Many thanks for the advice
Cheers
Bryan
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

Bryan, make a day of it. When you get to the bottom of long sleddle, turn right and go over the bridge, up through the farm - that lane is called stile end. get to the very end of it, and go down to stavely, have a brew and a piece of cake in wilfs cafe in the yard. then ride over to the ferry, get off the other side and ride hte legal lane across grisedale. from there you can take in any number of lanes, or just go straight to one like tilberthwaite, then down to little langdale, and back over to haweswater. be a real shame to simply just turn around and do gatesgarth again really.
Shidosan

Post by Shidosan »

Mike54 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:52 pm Bryan, make a day of it. When you get to the bottom of long sleddle, turn right and go over the bridge, up through the farm - that lane is called stile end. get to the very end of it, and go down to stavely, have a brew and a piece of cake in wilfs cafe in the yard. then ride over to the ferry, get off the other side and ride hte legal lane across grisedale. from there you can take in any number of lanes, or just go straight to one like tilberthwaite, then down to little langdale, and back over to haweswater. be a real shame to simply just turn around and do gatesgarth again really.
Cheers mike. Ill get the os map out to track your directions..... and buy a bigger flask :D
Ryan

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”