TRF forum still offline

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
SteveR

Re: TRF forum still offline

Post by SteveR »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:47 pm Not a member any more.
Bloody hell! All the bull crap got too much...?

I have to admit, I have not renewed either last Autumn, I am not trail riding to any great extent now, and although I have still got a huge respect for what the TRF has done since I first joined in (I think) 1983, but I have become increasingly uneasy at the Corporate face it has now gained in recent years.

My local Group has been reborn and seem to have a good crowd coming along to meetings, so that'll be my home!
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings Mike,

I will be sending you a PM.

TTFN

Hugh.
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Ex- TRF also I tend to just Ride these days, Life's too short for playing silly buggers with incompetent councils and Fascist Rangers
Its a trick............get an Axe
ggp59

Post by ggp59 »

Just told the TRF I wouldn't be renewing, and have concluded they no longer give a toss how members feel
Whilst didn't expect to be personally missed :D thought they might have cared about losing another £56.50 but apparently not!
2 Yams

Post by 2 Yams »

It must be 7 weeks since it was shut down and still no update from the directors as to what's happening :o

Plus the time the last post went on is no longer updating......very misleading :(

2 Yams
bill_qaz

Post by bill_qaz »

2 Yams » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:21 pm

It must be 7 weeks since it was shut down and still no update from the directors as to what's happening :o
TRF The Russula Farm
Kept in the dark and fed bullshit :roll:
Paul_C

Post by Paul_C »

Greg V is doing a stirling job of posting up some information. He clearly has some access. Him apart the last post is over a month old. Then, to quote...

"A review of the forum will be taken during the next 7 days This period is necessary to allow a review of TRF governance and future management of the forum to ensure that responsible users can continue to do so to promote TRF and member interests."

Presumably this review has taken place. Just wondering if members have been informed by email or some other method?

It must be very frustrating for new members trying to get information. Pretty much my only contact with other members was via this "forum". At the moment I feel much happier about having not renewed my membership. I'd be quite an unhappy camper if I'd paid and my, through choice, only useful access point was suspended. I totally appreciate that apart from a few contractors (who are they?) the TRF relies on willing volunteers. However, those who take on a role have responsibilities and do so with their eyes open. It's easy to be critical but few of us stand up and put in the work. I'm happy to admit that my input was minimal, limited to some guiding and letters etc to Highway departments.
I hope I'm wrong but as it stands it appears that members are being left in the dark. Some might think that this is disrespectful towards the members.
Just along for the ride.
Husqvarna 901 Norden. Husqvarna 701 Enduro. Moto Guzzi LeMans II.
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

In all honesty, I think the current directorship is more than happy to let older long term members leave and encourage new members who have yet to work out that it's become a corporate image first facebookesque entity, in fact new younger members are more likely too be happy with such an arrangement and as its what they are used to in life anyway

I left in part because of a perhaps mistaken belief that the legal fight against landowners and authority was largely useless and the way forward is to simply ignore the law as the farmers and landowners do anyway and secondly because it became quite obvious that information was being willfully distorted by one director in particular, I can't stomach mendacious phonies
Its a trick............get an Axe
Cone

Post by Cone »

Asgard wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:54 pm In all honesty, I think the current directorship is more than happy to let older long term members leave and encourage new members who have yet to work out that it's become a corporate image first facebookesque entity, in fact new younger members are more likely too be happy with such an arrangement and as its what they are used to in life anyway

I left in part because of a perhaps mistaken belief that the legal fight against landowners and authority was largely useless and the way forward is to simply ignore the law as the farmers and landowners do anyway and secondly because it became quite obvious that information was being willfully distorted by one director in particular, I can't stomach mendacious phonies
It’s the constant threads I see like this that confirm my decision not to join. I just figure out I’ll go riding where and when I can before it’s all banned.
2 Yams

Post by 2 Yams »

It is now just like a notice board........nothing more.

Greg has posted some new items, but his previous one :-

Greg Villalobos at  January 22, 2019
Improve your riding with Central Bristol Training Days

Was posted on 22nd January, yet we are told it was posted 1 month 1 week ago, not updating for over a week now :?
So it appears Greg has access for propaganda etc. and the rest is just not available.

2 Yams

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”