TRF forum still offline

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
johnnyboxer

Re: TRF forum still offline

Post by johnnyboxer »

I am rejoining
I like their events so join for that reason
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
prg4967

Post by prg4967 »

I’ve said before the TRF at a local level is great but nationally it’s a different matter...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Strangely...I understand that the forum was closed because of a post which can still be found on the TRF Facebook page.

I have no idea why it was regarded as damaging enough to necessitate closure of the Forum, and not the Facebook page. Nor do I know any more about the alleged events it describes.

ScottHeyden

Post by ScottHeyden »

I have asked the Northern region director to update.
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

At national level the TRF has been a mess for several years. Only a change of "directors" will change that.

At local level it is great. For that reason I continue to be a member.

The loss of a national forum to discuss/debate issues is a disgrace. Control freakery at it's best! :roll: :lol:
Red Maverick

Post by Red Maverick »

Trf and forum? Two things that don't go together. Well not for some of the Directors. So how can trf members discuss with other members, well they can't if they don't comply?

A simple thing like what insurance cover for run leaders on the trf fb group results in post deletions plus other actions against trf members.

Nothing new, same old story.

So Glass or Tra? Would this work?

The trf now promotes events, for some this is s huge plus, so they don't bother thinking of anything else so a happy membership. Creating a huge ride event with the agm will be seen as great news by those that are not interested in anything else. So for some it works.

But if you don't toe the line, well it's instant suppression.

ggp59

Post by ggp59 »

Whilst not impressed with the way the National group is now run, it's quite remote from me so in a lot of ways easy enough to ignore - the constant stream of selfies of the Chairman smirking back at various events is making that harder though!

It seems unlike most the problem for me is with my local group.
It has turned into a very inward looking little club that implements rules to suit those that run it!
I've attended a meeting where they disappeared into another room for a pre booked meal and you only find out about rideouts after they have happened etc. etc.
And asking any right of way questions is pointless as they are ignored!

In the past whilst not the most active member who attends national meetings and sat on committee's etc.
Have led runs, written various letters of support when asked to and attended local council meetings, so they know I'm not a 'get on rides, copy the route then share and use it to death' character!

I'm not moaning here to cause trouble, am simply saying why I'm not rejoining and wonder how many more will slowly be doing the same!
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

ggp59 wrote:Whilst not impressed with the way the National group is now run, it's quite remote from me so in a lot of ways easy enough to ignore - the constant stream of selfies of the Chairman smirking back at various events is making that harder though!

It seems unlike most the problem for me is with my local group.
It has turned into a very inward looking little club that implements rules to suit those that run it!
I've attended a meeting where they disappeared into another room for a pre booked meal and you only find out about rideouts after they have happened etc. etc.
And asking any right of way questions is pointless as they are ignored!

In the past whilst not the most active member who attends national meetings and sat on committee's etc.
Have led runs, written various letters of support when asked to and attended local council meetings, so they know I'm not a 'get on rides, copy the route then share and use it to death' character!

I'm not moaning here to cause trouble, am simply saying why I'm not rejoining and wonder how many more will slowly be doing the same!
Typical of a lot of groups sadly - however with Facebook this has now become more inclusive as more stuff is shared openly
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
NigelL321

Post by NigelL321 »

Facebook evil
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

At the last count, I think only about 30% of members were signed up on facebook and only a percentage of them would probably use it so the coverage is low. I’d rather not be on it as it’s a dreadful thing with seemingly non existent security but it’s the only way to keep any sort of contact.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”