Ramsden Road, Holmfirth, Kirklees.

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
Hugh

Ramsden Road, Holmfirth, Kirklees.

Post by Hugh »

Greetings folks,

I have just received an open invitation for interested groups (and individuals) to join and work together with others to maintain Ramsden Road, near to Holmfirth, Kirklees.

The invitation looks positive and I am sure that the members of the various recreational motorist groups such APTR, PDVUG, Manchester 17, GLASS, etc, will band together with other activities and make this initiative work. Below is a copy of the email that I received this afternoon.

TTFN

Hugh.

"Hello
Thank you for attending the public meeting in Holmfirth civic hall on the 22nd January regarding the future maintenance and access on Ramsden Road. The agreed conclusion of the meeting was to form a friends of Ramsden Road group from the stakeholder / interest groups, and that friends group would look at:
· Design of remediation on the route, working with local landowners to both consider the surface itself and the water management on the route
· Undertake information spread on responsible use of the route
· Look at how the remediation design can be implemented
· Fund raising to support the works
· Delivery of the remediation, which can be a mix of working parties and contractors as required
If you wish to be a member of this group then please reply to this email, and an invitation will be sent out for a follow up meeting to look at this being formed. The council has resource to support volunteering, and that will be available to help in group formation etc. if needed.
The council as the Highways authority would then liaise with the Group so both parties are working together towards the shared goal of a maintained and useable route for all users.
If you feel anyone else should be included within this email please forward it on to them.
Finally may I extend my thanks to everybody who attended, I feel this is a really positive outcome, that will ensure the route is available to all, but is repaired in a sympathetic manner to ensure that all users are able to reflect on how it meets their needs.
Sharon
Assistant Definitive Map Officer
Public Rights of Way, Flint Street, Fartown, Huddersfield HD1 6LG
01484 221000 and ask for Sharon Huddleston or ext no 74200
℮mail; [email protected]
Richard Simpson Mark II

Re: Ramsden Road, Holmfirth, Kirklees.

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Well done Hugh, what a great example of how we can work together for good outcomes.

Sadly, being in Cornwall, there's little that I offer in the way of practicalhelp.

Best wishes

Richard
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

You may not previously been aware of this group which has recently been set up in conjunction with Kirklees Council with the sole aim to collectively assist them with the repair to and future maintenance of an old road, now used as a Green Lane. It is just outside of Holmfirth and over the years has suffered the ravages of weather, excessive water erosion and the all too often lack of regular maintenance.

The Group of amalgamated interest user groups met last evening for its third meeting. There are representatives of horse riders, local residents, farmers, land owners, 4X4, motorcyclists, mountain bike riders, ramblers, local historians, folk with mobility problems, in fact anybody who is willing to work together to find consensus solutions to a common problem. Personally, I was very impressed by the positive attitude and atmosphere of all who attended.

We formed our Constitution and filled the Posts of Chairwoman and Treasurer but unfortunately not a Secretary to record the meetings. Now, this is where you or somebody you might know could be able to help us by becoming the person to fulfil that role. It should not become an onerous task but it is an important one. We propose to meet around four times a year as a main body at Holmfirth and to communicate via emails, small individual task orientated teams, plus a dedicated Facebook website;

https://www.facebook.com/groups/396249867856321/

Our next meeting is scheduled for Wednesday 8th May, 7pm.

Could you be the person to fill this role :idea: We would be very grateful if you could.

TTFN

Hugh.
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

FORR.jpg
FORR.jpg (168.48 KiB) Viewed 5200 times

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”