The Pyrenees

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
bumble beemer

The Pyrenees

Post by bumble beemer »

Anyone done the length of the Pyrenees off road ? Was wondering how it compares to the TET in difficulty and how long it would take to do the whole length or at least from San Sebastián to Andorra. I am trying to plan a route for next year from Bilbao / Santander to Andorra - off road , using CRF250s and staying in hotels . ThanksImage
Tramp

Re: The Pyrenees

Post by Tramp »

Your refering to the transpyrenees wikiloc route....the first part from st jean pied de port is easy scenic stuff, from jaca to andorra gets better then its real good to the med.....chose time of year well sept to early november us best...spring lasts till mid june in 2000ft high stuff

Im back again next year....
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

Was thinking of this for next year for myself, but I would probably have to incorporate more roadwork than you due to my time constraints.
bumble beemer

Post by bumble beemer »

Tramp wrote:Your refering to the transpyrenees wikiloc route....the first part from st jean pied de port is easy scenic stuff, from jaca to andorra gets better then its real good to the med.....chose time of year well sept to early november us best...spring lasts till mid june in 2000ft high stuff

Im back again next year....
Yes. That’s the route I am referring to. Is 4 days enough to get to Andorra ? Normally do about 120 to 140 miles a day off road . Did you stay in hotels or camp ?
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

Best routes are from East to West starting in Collioure using the RB 2 and RB 1 .......IMHO
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

PHILinFRANCE wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:12 pm Best routes are from East to West starting in Collioure using the RB 2 and RB 1 .......IMHO
Yep, ill second that ;)
beany

Post by beany »

thinking of doing east to west next year, was going to do it this year but it didn,t happen. we was still in the pyrennees but was based an hour south of jaca.
herman

Post by herman »

That's what I am building the 500 for as its got to the top of my bucket list. I will then cut north to Carcassonne and drown in red wine for a bit. 8-)
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

My plan was cut over in the cathars region in france and do some balcony roads....the Navarre region in spain is heavily restricted now but still some grear c roads in them mountains and gravel to be found for them thats looking :o

Around espot and south west is best...
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

Stay in touch guys i'd love to tag along and i have the RB 1 2 5 and 10 rolls

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”