Derbyshire Police Rural Crime Unit 8th November 2018

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
Hugh

Derbyshire Police Rural Crime Unit 8th November 2018

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

Just to let you know that Derbyshire Police Rural Crime unit is launching a new County wide Countryside Watch initiative. They are asking the general public to assist by watching for and reporting of suspicious activities whilst visiting the countryside.
TTFN

Hugh.
micksea

Re: Derbyshire Police Rural Crime Unit 8th November 2018

Post by micksea »

what they need is a large number of law abiding middle aged people "patrolling" the roads and lanes of the countryside on their dual purpose motorbikes at all hours and days of the week.Oh,hang on......they already see those people as criminals and felt the need to chase them back into the towns and cities so that the country folk can have the country to themselves,seems like they now want our help to fix their self inflicted problem.I"ll check my diary and see if I"ve got any spare time to spend chasing thieves for them.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

You can't blame the police

Imagine if you had a choice of duties on a Saturday....

Chasing knife-carrying drug dealers around an inner-city estate

or

Getting an expensive 4x4 from the car pool, driving it out to a scenic spot, parking at the bottom of a byway and handing out tickets for dirty number plates to any polite law-abiding trail riders that might come along.

I know which I'd choose...
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

quote, " Recreational Vehicle users " unquote.

really? .. is that what we are now? …. not `dirty destructive anti-social criminals` anymore?
not `recreational cannabis users` so much as `cannabis oil doctors`?
not `terrorists` so much as `freedom fighters`?

.. perhaps this (apparent) change of attitude is the way forward to facilitating a fair and responsible use of our countryside, by ALL groups?
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Makes a change from 'Off-roaders'.

I had to laugh at the bit where they want help with catching 'raptor persecutors' ...

https://raptorpersecutionscotland.wordp ... use-moors/
Brads

Post by Brads »

I`m biting my lip here as I`m tired, but why anyone would want to help by grassing on others when the busies would just as easily turn on them and prosecute them for the tiniest thing, is utterly beyond me.
Round the world ???

Round the bend more like !
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings folks,

Oh dear I seem to have scratched an itch here, which clearly was not the intension.

I am not a Police Officer nor have I ever been. I do have a short military background. In the past I too have been fined for speeding, to be honest I still do but not near schools nor through villages, I accept that if caught then so be it. However, I do not go around stealing from farmers nor anybody else, if I saw somebody doing so then I would have no hesitation in reporting the incident. I see no distinction between stealing animals or equipment from a farm to that of a low life stealing my bike or yours, I would want them apprehended. Problem is there is too much crime from drug related incidents, etc, which is where the resources are currently and correctly aimed in my view.

I am pleased to say that I do work with the Police in a liaison role around the Peak District. The staff I meet are no different from anybody else, they work where they are told and if we don't like that then we must put pressure on those who make up the rules. I have attended a number of Operation Blackbrook events and nobody got booked for a 'small' number plate nor the commonest of faults an inoperative horn. They were advised to sort the problems out and that seems fair. One bloke nearly got booked but that was influenced by his overly aggressive attitude not because he had a tiny number plate.

It may surprise you to know that quite a number of the traffic Police are recreational motorcyclists too. May we agree that there are good and bad on both sides, I know because I have by now just about met them all. Before condemning every Police Officer, please may we just take a step back and look at the wider picture or we risk turning into one of those bigots who think bad of all motorcyclists.

TTFN

Hugh.
DaveCon

Post by DaveCon »

I don't think the jibes are aimed at the individual front line police officers. Rather they're aimed at the faceless bureaucrats and policy makers who sit behind desks and generally bow to the loudest voices pressure groups and political expediency.

I'm sure there's enough ramblers in the Peak District to take care of any additional policing duties seeing as how they've got just about everybody else excluded in their favour :evil:
micksea

Post by micksea »

DaveCon wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:02 pm I don't think the jibes are aimed at the individual front line police officers. Rather they're aimed at the faceless bureaucrats and policy makers who sit behind desks and generally bow to the loudest voices pressure groups and political expediency.

I'm sure there's enough ramblers in the Peak District to take care of any additional policing duties seeing as how they've got just about everybody else excluded in their favour :evil:
THIS

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”