PDVUG Open Day 27.10.18 - Calver.

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
Hugh

PDVUG Open Day 27.10.18 - Calver.

Post by Hugh »

Greetings folks,

Do you want to protect your rights to ride and drive green lanes in the Peak District?

The Peak and Derbyshire Vehicle User Group invite you to find out more about the team members and what they do by visiting a free 'Open Day' at the Eyre Arms, Calver, S32 3XH, between 12:30pm and 5:00pm on Saturday 27th October.

Hope to meet you for a chat.

TTFN

Hugh.
Hugh

Re: PDVUG Open Day 27.10.18 - Calver.

Post by Hugh »

Greetings folks,

Just a quick line or two to re-invite you to support our Open Day by visiting us on Saturday next, the 27th October, 12:30 until 17:00.

This is an opportunity for an informal chat with members of the Peak and Derbyshire Vehicle User Group, Eyre Arms, Calver, S32 3XH

Hope to see there.

TTFN

Hugh.
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Silly me,

I forgot to mention that there will be a free draw to win a year's membership, or renewal, to GLASS.

The lucky winner will gain full access to Trailwise2, which will be on shown as a repeat display during the course of the afternoon's informal meeting.

So, if you are in the Calver area please drop in for a chat as we should love to meet with you.

TTFN

Hugh.
dubber68

Post by dubber68 »

Would love to go and offer my support but unfortunately I am taking the better half to an off-roading training taster session at sweetlamb.
I work to live. I live to ride. I ride to work, Ever felt like your going in circles.

Yamaha XT1200Z, Sertao, Herald 250, Xcountry & Vanvan

[IMG]http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj4 ... POINTS.jpg[/IMG
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

Thanks for letting us know, maybe next time? Hope that your wife enjoys her day.

For the rest of you however that means your chances of winning the prize has just improved :lol:

May be see other folks from here there :idea:

TTFN

Hugh.
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

Thanks to those who popped in to say hello despite the sleet and snow flurry late morning.

The lucky winner of the Prize Draw was Steven, he is already a Member of GLASS so he will have his renewal paid for.

I think that the new Trailwise2 created most interest although there were some questions about past and potential lane closures. I hope that we were able to answer the questions.

TTFN

Hugh.
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Morning Hugh, not an area I get to, but appreciate all your hard work on the Byeways.
Is there a way to preview the new TrailWise mapping?, I am not a 4 wheel type but am considering joining Glass as an alternative to the increasing image paranoia and management lead spin of the TRF which I left some time ago.
Its a trick............get an Axe
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Hello Asgard,

Thank you for your kind words. It is not just me of course because I am part of a small local team, PDVUG, comprised of representatives from 4X4, quad and motorcycle clubs. This was how it was formed by the hard work of people like David Giles, just continued now by others who seek the same aims.

Trailwise2 has cost GLASS one heck of a lot of money to produce and update, the quality is far improved from its previous version. I think that it could be the premium product for quite some time. It does rely upon updates from folk using the routes. There are 3 layers, BOATS, coloured red, UCRs coloured blue plus the previous historical comments shown as "Legacy" routes coloured purple. Folk need to record their use of the routes as this forms User Evidence proving public use.

https://www.trailwise2.co.uk

Unfortunately because of the mapping licensing agreement the product can only be made available to current Members of GLASS. I found the old version to be a good source of information so for the benefit of that service plus their aims I have joined GLASS. Although their material looks to be solely aligned to 4X4 that is not really the case, it is still a national amalgamation of localised pressure groups trying to protect Rights of Way for all motorised users. Many motorcyclists over recent years have joined GLASS, currently for TW2, and I am sure that you would be most welcome too.

https://www.glass-uk.org/join-glass.html

I really do not want to publicly comment on the methodology of the TRF, suffice to say that I was expelled at the beginning of this year. I still support the TRF membership and its ideals, just not some of its Directors. They have their views and I hold mine, that's life so let's move on.

TTFN

Hugh.

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”