Scotland info

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
Brads

Scotland info

Post by Brads »

Hiya
Looking for trails for light offroading. More bothered about likelyhood of being chased than whether it`s legal or not.
It`s Scotland so trail riding is akin to paedophilia .

The Lothians would be the prefered option but info on anywhere would be cool. Whats the point of owning a trail bike if you don`t use it eh? And why should all the horsey arses get to do what they like.?

PM if you don`t want the info on the forum.
Round the world ???

Round the bend more like !
johnnyboxer

Re: Scotland info

Post by johnnyboxer »

Brads wrote:Hiya
Looking for trails for light offroading. More bothered about likelyhood of being chased than whether it`s legal or not.
It`s Scotland so trail riding is akin to paedophilia .

The Lothians would be the prefered option but info on anywhere would be cool. Whats the point of owning a trail bike if you don`t use it eh? And why should all the horsey arses get to do what they like.?

PM if you don`t want the info on the forum.
Did you get a response ?
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Brads

Post by Brads »

Not a peep.

Trail riding up here is virtually an outlaw past time.

I intend to just ride wherever anyway as the bike will be road legal, and the worst that can happen is being asked to leave.
It`s not like you can upset any trail riding outfits as there are none.
Round the world ???

mac10biker

Post by mac10biker »

I live on the outskirts of Edinburgh and there are definitely places you can get into but they are obviously not legal. If you ride around Broxburn, Philipstoun, Winchburgh and other places, you will find quite a few off road sites.

I would always recommend having a road legal bike so you can 'slip', onto the site, and have a play before 'slipping' back out. The trouble is if you park a van or car/trailer, then it becomes obvious to the fuzz that you are somewhere nearby and they will just either wait for you coming back or take a note of your reg for later.

I've been riding various places around me for years doing it this way, and never had any real issues.

In saying that though, if you head to East Mains Ind.Est in Broxburn, you will find quite a few vans and motocross bikes just turning up and going into the bings opposite. I was surprised a couple of years ago to turn up and discover a group of about 12 guys all on bikes, with a marquee, giant cool boxes and barbecue set up in the middle of the bings :-) To be honest the police don't have the resources to be chasing so many bikes, although they do turn up in numbers sometimes to have the occasional clamp down.
Brads

Post by Brads »

Thing is though, what can they do if you are legal apart from tell you to beat it. It would be a civil matter.
They can`t prosecute for vehicular trespass or they would have to nick the Pikeys for the same thing, and that would be racist wouldn`t it ?.
Round the world ???

mac10biker

Post by mac10biker »

Brads wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:19 pm Thing is though, what can they do if you are legal apart from tell you to beat it. It would be a civil matter.
They can`t prosecute for vehicular trespass or they would have to nick the Pikeys for the same thing, and that would be racist wouldn`t it ?.
Very true :-)

And they would also have to catch and stop you as well, you know because you didn't see/hear them flagging you down........ as you ran over them. LOL

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”