Mellow stuff

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
Asgard

Mellow stuff

Post by Asgard »

Hello, I am an oldie looking to do some mellow trails when I get my Husky 701 sometime in the next week, Used to do a bit of green laning and many many years ago the odd hare and hounds for a laugh, but these days age and injuries have caught up with me and the likes of Motel Hill and much of the Wye valley leave me either knackered or bust up, so thought Id try a larger bike and do a bit of distance combined with some nice flowing trails.
Trouble is I don't know anywhere, from peoples descriptions Salisbury plain looks good, but would be thankful for any pointers to some nice double track anywhere in the south west or south Wales, hoping there is enough summer left to get some in

I enjoyed the ride out on the midlands abr meet last year so hope to do that again

Happy trails, Asgard
Its a trick............get an Axe
Fried Egg Sandwich

Re: Mellow stuff

Post by Fried Egg Sandwich »

Welcome Asgard, (from Birmingham) there are plenty of trails more gentle than Motel Hill!

There's a lot of people on here from south Wales, and judging by the trails we've used on the Taffy Dakar there should be plenty to fill your boots.

Just make sure they are legal and have a great time.
😀
Suzuki DRZ400S
BMW R1150GS
Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797)
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

Welcome
I will be organising a rather gentle :twisted: slow paced :shock: run over Salisbury plain for all comers especially any "noobies" next month be an intro to off road for some.
I do put the shout out occasionally for runs out.
Alun

Post by Alun »

Hello and welcome to ABR.

Plenty of trail rides at the rally this year plus 3 on-site courses, one of which will be gentle.
Cone

Post by Cone »

Welcome from another 701 owner. Love the bike it’s awesome. I’m near Abergavenny and am just mapping the trails. I haven’t been on them yet but I appear to be inundated with them!!
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Thanks for replies.
ZimTim, I will message you my email, have bike now though its a bit tall and wide, I am used to tallish bikes but with narrower seats, the extra width is deceiving and has the same effect as if the seat were actually higher, I may have to consider lowering it a tad, but will see.
Its a trick............get an Axe
Cone

Post by Cone »

I lowered mine by 40 mm as I have little legs. Rally raid kits are good
Cone

Post by Cone »

zimtim wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:42 pm Welcome
I will be organising a rather gentle :twisted: slow paced :shock: run over Salisbury plain for all comers especially any "noobies" next month be an intro to off road for some.
I do put the shout out occasionally for runs out.
Thanks for the run this weekend. And a special thanks for help with my satnav issues.
CAE5EFF6-4705-45A8-B726-457BC2789864.jpeg
CAE5EFF6-4705-45A8-B726-457BC2789864.jpeg (280.85 KiB) Viewed 3487 times
Asgard wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:16 pm Trouble is I don't know anywhere, from peoples descriptions Salisbury plain looks good, but would be thankful for any pointers to some nice double track anywhere in the south west or south Wales, hoping there is enough summer left to get some in
Salisbury plain is certainly fast flowing! Are you in Wales as I’m looking someone to help me explore my local lanes in the wye vally
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Wonkyconk off here is the go to man for wye valley info..... But he does like it a bit on mad side....

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”