Jacobs Ladder, Stoney Middleton, potential TRO.

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
Hugh

Re: Jacobs Ladder, Stoney Middleton, potential TRO.

Post by Hugh »

Good morning folks,

A very big thank you to all who have completed the DCC survey.

So far over 600 folk have looked at the request here on ABR but I am not sure that everybody has actually completed the survey (I know that some of the readers are not true motorcyclists but infiltrators :evil: ). Simple fact is that on items like this the antis normally have about 4:1 ratio against us, predominately because of apathy on our part.

The fact that the route is a BOAT is not under question, the simple reason is that some selfish folk want us out of the countryside. Their aim is to rid the unsurfaced routes of motorcyclists today and to block mountain bikers tomorrow :idea: What happens in the Peak District this week could happen in your area soon.

The anti motorcycle brigade will be massing their followers against us and I for one do not want to loose my Right to ride this route, if you have not already done so then you are missing a treat with its location and views plus the fact that it links areas together to provide a small but enjoyable loop.

The time schedule is running close to completion now so may I ask again that those who meant to complete the survey or to write a simple email objection to do so now please. Please, if you have not already done so, get your objection recorded now. Ask your friends to do so too, a simple letter or email pointing out your reasons for objection will help; quoting reference WD93-15/TRO write to Mike Ashworth, Strategic Director Economy, Transport and Environment, County Hall, Matlock, DE4 3AG or by email to; [email protected] before 14th June 2018.

Thanks.

TTFN

Hugh.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Just done this!
Mickdb1

Post by Mickdb1 »

Me too
HTHY
You dont pack up biking when you grow old

You grow old when you pack up biking
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings folks,

Just under 75 minutes left to get your OBJECTION recorded against the proposed TRO on Jacobs Ladder.

If you have not yet done so you need to send a simple email pointing out your reasons for objection; quoting reference WD93-15/TRO to; [email protected] before 14th June 2018.

Your hobby, your Rights under attack, your time to act with those who have already objected.

Thanks again to those who have already sent their objection.

TTFN

Hugh.
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Good morning folks,

Derbyshire CC made an error in their paperwork to PINS regarding the potential TRO on Jacobs Ladder, the consequence is that they have to go back to the start. Attached is a copy of a letter that I have received which basically means that we have to resubmit our previous comments.

"I am writing to advise you that the County Council is re-advertising its intention to make an order under the provisions of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 to prohibit the use of Stoney Middleton Byway Open to All Traffic No. 15 known as Jacobs Ladder. The notice will appear in the Sheffield Star and the Derbyshire Times on Thursday 6th September 2018.

Please find attached a document containing the notice, the draft order, location plan and the statement of reasons.

Any objections and representations relating to the proposed order must be made in writing and sent to Mike Ashworth, Strategic Director – Economy, Transport and Environment, County Hall, Matlock DE4 3AG or [email protected] quoting reference WD93-15/TRO or made via the Council’s website http://www.derbyshire.gov.uk/consultations before 5 October 2018. All objections must state the grounds on which they are made.

This notice replaces the previous notice of a proposed Order dated 17 May 2018. Any person who sent a response to that notice and who still wishes to make objections or representations should ensure that a new response is made.

Peter J White FIPROW
Rights of Way Officer
If you have an enquiry about Rights of Way please phone Call Derbyshire on 01629 533190. Alternatively you can use the online reporting facility here: Rights of way: Leisure and culture - Derbyshire County Council".

The good side is that if any of you did not write to OBJECT to the proposed TRO then you can now join in by getting your opinion across. We actually need for more folks to object.

TTFN

Hugh.
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings all,

I understand that the antis have recently 'up'd' their game by printing leaflets and are sending them to residents around the Stoney Middleton area (and no doubt beyond too). They are massing their numbers against us and if they run true to form no doubt they will secure a high vote in support of their proposed TRO.

If we want to keep this byway open then we too must ensure that a high number of folks object to the proposal. It is essential therefore that we muster as many folk as we can to complete the online consultation. It does not take long to complete the survey, the comment boxes are relatively short so gather your thoughts together, be polite and brief.

Remember that this route is a byway for all users. There are eight designated footpaths in the immediate area for walkers to use, Restricted Byways plus a variety of bridleways for horse riders. If others do not want to share with we few motorists then they have plenty of options available to them. The average non motorist is not against us as was proven by the original consultation.

To the single proposal of a TRO there are many alternatives which could include any of the following ideas such as; not to impose a TRO but to repair the results of water erosion, to maintain the route as a BOAT; adoption of the route for local additional voluntary repair and maintenance as required and proposed by PDVUG; if really concerned about vehicle width then perhaps introduce a uni-directional flow of vehicles; introduce a system of winter seasonal 4X4 Voluntary Restraint; a winter seasonal TRO of 4X4 vehicles to additionally protect the environment and character; a winter seasonal VR restricting all motor vehicle access in consultation with PDVUG; GLASS and the TRF; restriction of all vehicles on Sundays and Bank Holidays; introduction of a permit access system similar to that as applied by other Highway Authorities. If the road was cleared of debris and overgrown vegetation there would be plenty of access width. You may well have your own priorities, superior to my example ideas.

I have completed my own personal consultation and submitted a written Objection on behalf of Manchester 17 MCC.

This is a public road and we should keep it open to motorists. You do not need to live in Derbyshire nor even ride the route regularly, but we do need your support now before the time runs out. Please complete the survey at;

https://www.derbyshire.gov.uk/council/h ... adder.aspx

TTFN

Hugh.
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

I've completed again Hugh and mentioned my disability, I've also suggesting that they might consult with BANES council as regards to width restrictions on lanes :roll:
one-legged adventurer
NigelL321

Post by NigelL321 »

Submitted
Davy

Post by Davy »

Submitted
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

We have just under a week, before 5th October 2018, before DCC closes the Consultation page.

May I ask that folk who 'meant' to submit an OBJECTION do so soon or we might just loose this iconic little lane,

https://www.derbyshire.gov.uk/council/h ... adder.aspx

Please remember too;
  • that this route is legally acknowledged as a highway so we do have a right to ride it
    DCC acknowledge our right but they are forced to follow the procedure because of major pressure from those who want us off the Byways
    there was an error on the original collection process so even if you wrote back between May - June 2018 you need to resubmit your OBJECTION
    what anti motoring activity gets through in the Peak District sets the tone for where you ride throughout the rest of England and Wales
    respondents do not have to be motorcyclists, 4X4 drivers, nor even live in Derbyshire they only need to want 'fair play'
    ramblers have nine alternative footpaths in the immediate area plus one RB to our single BOAT

TTFN

Hugh.

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”