Jacobs Ladder, Stoney Middleton, potential TRO.

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
~ACP~

Re: Jacobs Ladder, Stoney Middleton, potential TRO.

Post by ~ACP~ »

That was easy enough... Happy to help :)
paul_tim2000

Post by paul_tim2000 »

Done
DaveCon

Post by DaveCon »

Hugh wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 4:30 pm
As a matter of fact according to the current DCC mapping portal there are 6 designated footpaths in the immediate vicinity of the one subject BOAT route.
Done.

Don't know what you mean by the above. I think if you were to raise this they would just say it's the noise they object to as well. Certainly while I was out on my MTB the other day, there were some bikers around and they were hellishly loud (2-strokes I think), which you perhaps don't notice with a helmet on. Mind you they were gone in a minute.

I'll be up Jacobs ladder over the bank holiday, but on my MTB again :D
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings Dave,

In answer to your question I was trying to make a point that walkers have six designated footpaths that they exclusively may use for their form of recreational enjoyment, whereas horse riders, motorised users and cyclists only have one BOAT, which they jointly share with all users including walkers.

I am perfectly happy to work with other users to find a consensus solution, whilst retaining my rights to continue to use the route albeit with certain restrictions. I and many others already purposefully bypass the route at the expected time of church services on Sunday mornings and I certainly would not ride the route if the cemetery was being used for an internment. Common courtesies and respect are fine but I would not be happy to loose the route in entirety under the conditions as set out in the proposed TRO.

I quite often visit the beautiful and unique octagonal nave of St Martin's church when leading visitors to the area. Typically we have travelled down hill and stopped off to look inside.

http://www.derbyshirechurches.org/churc ... -st-martin

If DCC would alter their proposed conditions then I might be able to support them. I fear though that there are certain pressure groups which do not seek a consensus solution and for whom only a total ban on any form of wheeled transport would be acceptable.

Thank you to all those of you who have taken time to object to the proposed TRO, though more would help and confirm our intension to work positively with all other user groups plus the Authorities.

TTFN

Hugh.
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

The noise issue holds no truck with me, bikes passing by and gone in less than a minute or the continual drone for 20-30 mins of a crapped out old lawn mower , take your pick :lol:
one-legged adventurer
NigelL321

Post by NigelL321 »

Problem is it does to those marking the decision on the outcome and those raising the objection in the first place
Cone

Post by Cone »

I really feel for those complaining about the noise, I live on the A40 to Abergavenny and all bank holiday weekend I’ve been subjected to bikes having their neck ringed.

It’s so infuriating as it wants to drive me into the nearest super bike show room. I have to go and sit on my 701 for a detox!!!
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings folks,

As time is running out I thought that this item needed a 'bump' to refresh the memories of anybody who has not yet OBJECTED to the closure. We really do need your intervention and support.

This lane and the implications of loosing it are very serious, so much so that some serious money may be thrown at protecting our Rights.

Please, if you have not already done so, get your objection recorded now. Ask your friends to do so too. No need for a dissertation, a simple letter or email pointing out your reasons for objection will help; quoting reference WD93-15/TRO write to Mike Ashworth, Strategic Director Economy, Transport and Environment, County Hall, Matlock, DE4 3AG or by email to; [email protected] before 14th June 2018.

Thank you.

Hugh.
2018 05 09 Final Statement of Reasons.pdf
(17.97 KiB) Downloaded 117 times
sid38

Post by sid38 »

Done. 👍
NigelL321

Post by NigelL321 »

Done

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”