Wetton - proposed PDNPA TRO.

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
Hugh

Wetton - proposed PDNPA TRO.

Post by Hugh »

Greetings folks,

As some of you may know the PDNPA has opened communications for public consultation regarding the little route at Wetton, often referred to as the “Manifold Valley route”.

PDVUG is of the combined view that because of the specific circumstances of this route we could be prepared to support a proportionate Voluntary and/or seasonal TRO during the wettest months of each year. GLASS & PDVUG have repeated their offers to assist the Authorities with maintenance to prevent any reoccurring deterioration of the surface over the wet winter months. Your recording a simple OBJECTION to the proposal would help add weight to our presentations.

Now you can and should have your personal say to the PDNPA's consultation, making it clear that you are an INDIVIDUAL and that you are OBJECTING to the Authority's proposals to introduce any form of full time TRO. Please encourage your colleagues to do the same. You might wish to highlight that with there being only limited numbers of motorcyclists recorded as using the route annually then with suitable maintenance, combined with a possible winter VR in extreme circumstances, there should be no need to impose a TRO of any description. If the PDNPA should decide to implement a TRO then you would request an exemption for motorcycle use.

Full details are on the PDNPA web site which you can contact directly using their online system by clicking the button at the bottom of their web page http://consult.peakdistrict.gov.uk/details.cfm?TROID=11 or you could write to; Rights of Way, Aldern House, Baslow Road, Bakewell, Derbyshire DE45 1AE.

Your personal OBJECTION must be received by the Authority no later than 5pm on Thursday 6 April 2018. So, time to act now or we may loose our right to ride this iconic route. It will only take a couple of minutes of your time but it will be so valuable to our arguments.

TTFN

Hugh.
Hugh

Re: Wetton - proposed PDNPA TRO.

Post by Hugh »

Good afternoon,

The PDNPA ARP Committee is meeting at 10:00 Friday 7th September 2018 to discuss (or should that be whitewash) the potential for their proposed TRO on Wetton.

The link to the PDNPA website for the meeting is;

https://democracy.peakdistrict.gov.uk/mgAi.aspx?ID=9118

I expect there to be quite a number of supporters of the TRO to be in attendance but so far as I know only GLASS, PDVUG and Manchester 17 MCC will definitely have objectors present. We have all previously submitted written OBJECTIONS to the proposal, see Appendix 10.

It would help if a few more motorists attended both to provide support to our single speaker and to illustrate our potential strength in numbers. Folks will not be able to speak nor challenge the speakers no matter how discriminatory their language and how false their so called facts. Hysteria and irrational fears will be on show by some who never even visit the area.

It would be good if we had a few friendly faces on show.

TTFN

Hugh.
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

TRF gone awol then?
Sadly you’re not in a position to have any idea Hugh. :evil:
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings folks,

Just to give you a quick update on today's meeting.

Three PDVUG members attended, one of whom spoke as a private individual member of the public. There were nine other submissions from the public, all of them encouraging the proposal to Prohibit Mechanically Propelled Vehicles at all times at Wetton Hills (subject to specified exceptions).

I should like to say more but at the moment I need to gather my thoughts. If you should wish to listen to the podcast recording of the meeting then please follow;

https://democracy.peakdistrict.gov.uk/i ... 1766&Ver=4

As anticipated, by we three and no doubt you too, the vote went against us, eleven members voting for the proposal, only one member voting against, and no abstentions.

I do not know when this TRO will become effective so I suggest that you get out and ride the lane before you loose your right to do so in the near future.

TTFN

Hugh.
Paul_C

Post by Paul_C »

Thanks for the information Hugh. Also a big thanks to those who turned up and or submitted an objection. Even if we lose this lane I'm sure objections in numbers can't do any harm when they're considering future closures.
Just along for the ride.
Husqvarna 901 Norden. Husqvarna 701 Enduro. Moto Guzzi LeMans II.
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings folks,

Quick update for you regarding this super little green lane.

The PDNPA discriminatory TRO has not yet been put into place however an 'all users' Temporary TRO has been imposed by Staffordshire County Council to protect their workforce while carrying out repairs. This is to cover the period from 29th July 2019 for up to 18 months. The picture shows the sign at the northern end of the route - near Manor House. Work is expected to commence shortly and should only last 3 weeks, so please avoid the route for the time being. The TRO will be removed when repairs have been completed. TW2 will be updated to show the latest information.

TTFN

Hugh.
67549743_2481745038722048_8932244469038710784_n.jpg
67549743_2481745038722048_8932244469038710784_n.jpg (277.2 KiB) Viewed 5903 times
67591933_2481744992055386_3007047972778147840_n.jpg
67591933_2481744992055386_3007047972778147840_n.jpg (162.75 KiB) Viewed 5903 times

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”