New Road, Eyam, TTRO Exemption for motorcycles.

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
Hugh

New Road, Eyam, TTRO Exemption for motorcycles.

Post by Hugh »

Greetings folks,

This local tarmac lane runs between Eyam and Grindleford. The hillside has slipped over recent years and possible repairs are expected to be extremely expensive. The route has been narrowed, is partially cordoned off and subject to a temporary TRO.

Great news, hot off the press. This morning PDVUG attended the DCC Highways, Transport and Infrastructure Meeting at which the Temporary TRO placed upon New Road, Eyam was discussed. I am pleased to report that following requests specifically by PDVUG, GLASS and Manchester 17 MCC the Committee decided, against opposition, in favour of permitting an exemption for use by solo motorcycles.

However, we will need to prove that we respect their investment by showing suitable consideration to the residents and other users. I am of course referring specifically to speed, noise and simple common courtesies. The route will be narrow so subject to a nominal speed restraint and it will be monitored for safety. The exemption is expected to come into force around Saturday 10th February 2018 so please allow a week to pass before venturing up there. It is now up to us to prove our worth if we want to try and keep lanes open in the Peak District.

TTFN

Hugh.
Last edited by Hugh on Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Re: New Lane, Eyam, TTRO Exemption for motorcycles.

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Great work again, Hugh.

Another success for PDVUG and Manc 17 in retaining 2x1 rights in the National Park.
DavidS

Re: New Lane, Eyam, TTRO Exemption for motorcycles.

Post by DavidS »

Well done all concerned.
No TRF involvement then? It’s all very quiet there.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
Hugh

Re: New Road, Eyam, TTRO Exemption for motorcycles.

Post by Hugh »

Hello again,

David, in reply to your question PDVUG, GLASS and I all started communications on this subject with DCC back in June 2017. One of the chaps from PDVUG, who is both a motorcyclist and 4X4 driver attended this morning's meeting.

I have just learnt that the TRF did write too, apparently during November 2017.

I don't know what the TRF is doing as they effectively broke off relations mid last year and expelled me last month.

Best wishes to my many TRF friends out there. I have since joined the Trail Riders Association, which has different attitudes and respect to its Members. I remain with PDVUG as they work for and represent all motorised users in the Peak District, whilst being able to differentiate between modes of transport when necessary.

TTFN

Hugh.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Re: New Road, Eyam, TTRO Exemption for motorcycles.

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

This is typical of the exchanges taking place on their 1990s-style chatroom (which replaced a busy forum)

D C posted an update 1 day, 23 hours ago

"Ok I’m sure those of you who are not Ludites will be rolling your eyes and I do not wish to diminish the hard work that has gone into a no doubt improved web site and I’m sure you get a lot of this …. but I’m lost. Sorry. Do we have a for sale/ wanted section. ??"

C A replied 22 hours, 46 minutes ago
"no its all mixed up in this jumble at mo lol"

M G replied 6 hours, 23 minutes ago
"Thought it was just me !"

Pitiful!

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”