House of Lords Select Committee NERC Review.

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
Hugh

House of Lords Select Committee NERC Review.

Post by Hugh »

Greetings folks,

I thought that you might be interested to know that the House Of Lords Select Committee is to be reviewing the NERC Act this coming Tuesday, 21st November.

https://calendar.parliament.uk/calendar ... 1/21/Daily

I am not sure if it will be televised live but it might be worth trying to hear any recordings released later.

TTFN

Hugh.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Re: House of Lords Select Committee NERC Review.

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Thanks for that, Hugh.

Let's hope the TRF directors are on the case!
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings Richard,

I don't know what has been released on the TRF website but if you follow the link below then you will see that there are four speakers, looks like two for the anti motorist groups and two for the motorists. Mario appears to speaking on behalf of the TRF and Alan Kind for LARA;

http://www.parliament.uk/business/commi ... -evidence/

It will be interesting in due course to learn what has been said and what happens next.

TTFN

Hugh.
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

Why on earth would you think the proles have been told anything about it? :roll:

Thank goodness your on here Hugh. Are you ever to be allowed back?

Do we have any idea what it's about?
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

I see that Michael Bartholomew is first up, obviously he’ll give a totally unbiased view of NERC. 😂
one-legged adventurer
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

I shall excitedly and expectantly be holding my breath, as I am sure they will all agree amicably that the balance of trail use be tipped more fairly and properly in favour of us nice considerate and friendly motorcyclists 8-)
:lol:
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings folks,

Well the meeting took place and if you want to see what went on take a look at the following link;

http://parliamentlive.tv/Event/Index/fd ... 055e4da7a2

Well done to Alan and Mario for putting forward our points of view in clear logical answers to the questions posed by the Committee.

TTFN

Hugh.
Old Git Ray

Post by Old Git Ray »

Hugh wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:54 pm Greetings folks,

Well the meeting took place and if you want to see what went on take a look at the following link;

http://parliamentlive.tv/Event/Index/fd ... 055e4da7a2

Well done to Alan and Mario for putting forward our points of view in clear logical answers to the questions posed by the Committee.

TTFN

Hugh.
Thanks for that. Watching it made it clear that they were up against a lot of bias from the comittee members. There were many that supported the walkers groups (as they declared as being so) and none with any vehicular leaning.
Certain questions were not asked, possibly deliberatly, like: With the huge disparity of walkable routes as opposed to motorable routes, should a sharing ballance not be met.
It was clear that the GLEAM representatives want bikes and cars banned from everywhere that is not tarmac.
Last edited by Old Git Ray on Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Twas ever thus...during the NERC debate, MPs were leaving the chamber to be briefed by the GLEAM man as to when to put in the amendment that closed so many green lanes. And the Winchester Case was originally won by Hampshire County Council, and Winchester College was told there were no grounds for appeal by the presiding judge...but they appealed anyway, and won!

The fact that many senior justices, civil servants etc were Winchester Old Boys was I'm sure nothing to do with this at all, because we all know the British legal establishment all the way from the police to the Supreme Court runs without fear or favour.

You can read all about it on the GLEAM website if you are so minded: http://www.gleam-uk.org/
Old Git Ray

Post by Old Git Ray »

Just looked it up.

There are 140,000 miles of tracks, paths, bridleways etc in England and Wales.

The Gleam woman was repeatedly moaning about 3,200 miles that were either useable by motorised vehices or unclassified.

That is 2.3% ...... FFS.

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”