House of Lords Select Committee NERC Review.

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
garyboy

Re: House of Lords Select Committee NERC Review.

Post by garyboy »

that's my biggest fear .. to fall asleep while watching history being made :D
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Peoples' Front of Judaia

Judaian People's Front

Splitters...
HedgeHopper

Post by HedgeHopper »

Yea, but apart from ............. :lol:
phil.hughes1983

Post by phil.hughes1983 »

I can't sit through all of that. Just watching the first 5 min makes me upset that they openly want to reduce what's available to use. 3000 miles in the whole of the UK and they can't deal with that ??? Don't they realise if they shut everything people will still ride. They can't police roads adequately let alone national parks and aonbs
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

In my view, those two represent the interests of landowners who want to see all legal access reduced...starting with motor vehicles, but including other rights of way too.

http://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/some ... nds-411548
slartybartfast

Post by slartybartfast »

the 140,000 is not a true representation of land available for rambling, take in access land and the coastal footpath, tro,s blocked roads and I can bet our % is less than 2%, the LAF I sat on had a report on usage of open access land and in a 3 month period one parcel of land had 3 people use it, that's a scheme that cost over £88 million to set up nationally
Leo
Old Git Ray

Post by Old Git Ray »

boboneleg wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:46 pm They should be very careful what they wish for, if they get what they want it will a free for all , ride whatever you like.
That is the problem. If you ban it all, it will still happen but the offence will be the same everywhere so there will be no benefit in sticking to the few tracks that we currently have at present and bikes will go anywhere.
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

Absolutely, these idiots like Gleam who want us banned completely are mad if they think the police will have the time and resources to stop bikes riding.

They haven't got the resources to stop twats using their phones in vehicles let alone police green lanes. When was the last time you came across a copper on a green lane, mine was about 15 years ago when I helped them push their patrol car out of a lane when they got stuck :lol:

I expect idiots like Bartholemew will try to form vigilante groups , well that's really going to go down well :roll:
one-legged adventurer
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Here's the latest from Bartie and his chums

http://www.gleam-uk.org/newsletters/Gle ... 202017.pdf
Abouttofalloff

Post by Abouttofalloff »

Marionette wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:36 pm Did I notice the TRF Technical Director in the background?

Does anybody know why the TRF put up a Marketing Director rather than a ROW expert at this meeting?
Does this indicate a split in the ranks or was it looked upon as a meeting where too many people could be alienated?
Mario is probably the best speaker and he is not just the Marketing Direct But TRF Chairman. we heard it first when he introduced himself at the house of lords. would hav ebeen noce if the membership knew about it first.... or was they to ashamed to tell us?

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”