Should we honour our heroes?

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
Marionette

Should we honour our heroes?

Post by Marionette »

https://www.carolenash.com/biking-heroes

The link above is to a Carole Nash web site where they are trying to highlight the work being done for the benefit of others.
There is a person on this list who has been very active in trying to keep green lanes open to us all, he has worked tirelessly in this task.
As such I would ask that you all have a look at the link and if you think it appropriate then vote for Hugh Cleary.

Hugh has been a TRF member now for probably more years than many of us have riding and has worked with PDNPA, local councils and the police in an effort to keep lane open.
He has provided advice to Trail Rider through the TRF forum until his support of other members caused a situation where he felt it necessary to criticise a TFR Director. Rather than attempt to resolve this the TRF Directors started removing his posts and eventually ban him from accessing the forum.
Hugh has found a new home here with us and is constantly providing expert and up to date information about trails in his area.

Please therefore support him with your vote.

Another contributor to this forum Richard Simpson put forward a post on the TRF forum asking for support for Hugh, but this has been removed with no justification, somebody with more knowledge may be able to add to this.

Marionette

We are not just here to have our strings pulled by those who only look after their own self interests.
Injustice must be fought.
I may not agree with what you say but I'll fight to the death for your right to say it.
Pint Master

Re: Should we honour our heroes?

Post by Pint Master »

I have just looked at the TRF forum and seen the Carole Nash post encouraging votes for Hugh has been removed Im truly shocked.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

I didn't start that thread, but I did start a previous one. And I did suggest Hugh to MCN as a suitable candidate.

I have worked with Hugh on RoW matters for some years, and can assure you he's an honourable man.

He even got God on our side over the Stanage TRO...but sadly the Devil won that little skermish.
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

Pint Master wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:34 pm I have just looked at the TRF forum and seen the Carole Nash post encouraging votes for Hugh has been removed Im truly shocked.
Why shocked? Mario and Vanuffel were given carte blanche at TRF AGM to continue to behave badly-so they do.

The complacency of the majority of trf members has led to this.

Hugh has done more for RoW than the current mob will achieve, yet they not only ignore his contribution, they seek to force him out of the organisation-some “fellowship”!
Richard Simpson Mark II

Interesting to note that donations to the TRF nose-dived from c £29 k to c £1 k in the last year.
IanB

Post by IanB »

Yeah, I agree.

Snubbing Hugh in that way is disgraceful.
Time knows no limits for days such as these.............
Pint Master

Post by Pint Master »

Crossrutted wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:55 pm
Pint Master wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:34 pm I have just looked at the TRF forum and seen the Carole Nash post encouraging votes for Hugh has been removed Im truly shocked.
Why shocked? Mario and Vanuffel were given carte blanche at TRF AGM to continue to behave badly-so they do.

The complacency of the majority of trf members has led to this.

Hugh has done more for RoW than the current mob will achieve, yet they not only ignore his contribution, they seek to force him out of the organisation-some “fellowship”!
I know what you're saying but when their vitriol is as blatant as this it is Shocking.
Pint Master

Post by Pint Master »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:05 pm Interesting to note that donations to the TRF nose-dived from c £29 k to c £1 k in the last year.
Were these donations from TRF Groups?
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings folks,

Thank you all so much for your kind thoughts and for voting, wether it be for me or one of the other folks.

I confess that I am humbled by your support and I must stress that I am not alone in fighting the discrimination here in the Peak District. There are too many to name but just as a quick update the folks who first formally started the defence of our Rights the PROWI Group, PDVUG, Mike Irving, Pete Burke, Manchester 17, to mention just as few. I'm just the 'gobby' scouser trade unionist motorcyclist, bit like those who organised the Mass Trespass on Kinder although unlike them we only use legal means to present our case.

Whilst I have kept quiet about internal relations many of you know that a few of the current TRF Directors and I have some unfinished business to clear up and to that end there is going to be a meeting next month. To be honest I have many reservations but not wishing to prejudice the situation I am willing to talk with them as this situation has been going on for over a year now. The less pleasant stuff is internal politics and detracts from the good that is being done :cry:

Despite my own situation may I ask that folks do join and support the TRF, especially all the local Groups who are doing an amazing job in presenting us in a positive light.

TTFN

Hugh.
Richard Simpson Mark II

The accounts don't differentiate between donations from members and donations from groups.

I suspect there are two factors at work here:

1) Most new members (and there are lots of them, the current TRF management is doing a great job in getting in new members) are signing up to paying by DD. They don't get an annual renewal, and hence don't get asked to round up their sub by a few quid in the way that they used to. The older members on annual subs are gradually either converting to DD subs or drifting away.

2) The donations of thousands of £ at a time from the groups have clearly dried up. The groups raise this money from horse events etc. I don't know if there are fewer events where the TRF is assisting, or whether the groups have elected to keep the money themselves for local projects because I'm not involved with any local groups at present.

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”