trail riding...how often?

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
Tramp

trail riding...how often?

Post by Tramp »

Okay as we are havin a dry summer down south and ground is hard and undergrowth up round the armpitts :woohoo: ...you cant see the bloody rutts so no trails till the autumn for me :( ...
How often do folks get out on their bikes in a month?..do you ride local or travel to try some new trails...
Apart from the abr bunkhouse crew :woohoo: not many invites to other parts of the country...there used to be regular outtings :whistle: ...
Im going to try my hand at trails again as riding across europe on a enduro is getting a bit hard for the soft older git :laugh: ...i much prefer to tour in the motorhome with the mountainbike (thumbs) ...
EarthWorm

Re: trail riding...how often?

Post by EarthWorm »

Been out 4 times in last month, south bit of Sarn, some stuff north of Hay on Wye and Wye Valley Lanes all on me lonesome and the green lane rideout at the midlands rally with 30 plus others!!!!!
Oh make that 5 times..... some lanes around Abergavenny, which were the only ones that were really overgrown making them very slow and me wishing I hadn't worn me open face :blink:
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration
STRATARIDER

Post by STRATARIDER »

About three times a month, local to me, Ammanford, Brechfa and Lampeter. Usually on my own, but three of us last weekend
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

It has been too hot to ride for some time now. We recorded 42.9℃ in the shade yesterday. I generally take the bike out one evening a week, just to turn the wheels. Roll on October.
Current bike is a Yamaha T7
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

Done a fair few trails of late mainly local as a mate :whistle: sent me a .gpx route that turned out to be most enjoayable.
Salisbury plain is getting a bit monotonous
Agree that not many ride outs are being suggested or organised on the Forum lately. there used to be several every month or so years ago. Now nada guess you have to be in with a group to get the invites :dry: :dry: :woohoo:
Got a Sunday off soon will PM you (thumbs) (thumbs)
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

I have tried to get out a least once a week since Easter. With bike issues and family commitments I have managed about half that. I am lucky that my nearest lane is literally at the back of my house and there are still enough in the Peaks to make life interesting. I have had reasonable success with organising evening mid week runs, thanks to all those who have come on them. Hopefully I should be able to do another one next week.
I have found that if I go out regularly my riding improves, if not my bank balance.
If there was enough interest I am sure I could organise an overnighter in the Peaks.
Cheers Jak
Cone

Post by Cone »

EarthWorm wrote:Been out 4 times in last month, south bit of Sarn, some stuff north of Hay on Wye and Wye Valley Lanes all on me lonesome and the green lane rideout at the midlands rally with 30 plus others!!!!!

Oh make that 5 times..... some lanes around Abergavenny, which were the only ones that were really overgrown making them very slow and me wishing I hadn't worn me open face :blink:
You couldn't direct me to the lanes in Abergavenny could you. I life in raglan and have discovered a load of unclassified roads totally overgrown but would like to expand my knowledge
EarthWorm

Post by EarthWorm »

Only know a few mate and they may be the ones you already know, but I could put a .gpx together of what I know, or mark up a map on the weekend, I'm not far from the bus station or the Steel Horse
Cone

Post by Cone »

EarthWorm wrote:Only know a few mate and they may be the ones you already know, but I could put a .gpx together of what I know, or mark up a map on the weekend, I'm not far from the bus station or the Steel Horse
Doubt it unless you trek to raglan. Well have to meet up if you don't mind a BMW lugging behind you
EarthWorm

Post by EarthWorm »

PM Sent

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”